ANcient Duratrax axis front struts

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Stigtheone

RCTalk Talkaholic
Active Military
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
Hello all!
I have an old Axis and not one of the struts have oil in, anyone on here have any seals or complete struts? The only ones on eBay look like have leaked in the packet through the seals becoming old and perished so I’m hesitant to buy them and be in the same position as I am now!
Thanks!

Hello all!
I have an old Axis and not one of the struts have oil in, anyone on here have any seals or complete struts? The only ones on eBay look like have leaked in the packet through the seals becoming old and perished so I’m hesitant to buy them and be in the same position as I am now!
Thanks!
Not familiar with those shocks. Pics would be helpful. If the seals you are referring to are just o-rings, you can buy those.

Not familiar with those shocks. Pics would be helpful. If the seals you are referring to are just o-rings, you can buy those.
I have part numbers etc I’ll get pics later buddy.
I suspect one is ruined internally but the other three could probably be saved with o rings, I’ll see if I can find the size- what material am I looking for them to be made from, silicon? Thanks btw!

I have part numbers etc I’ll get pics later buddy.
I suspect one is ruined internally but the other three could probably be saved with o rings, I’ll see if I can find the size- what material am I looking for them to be made from, silicon? Thanks btw!
There are two different types used in shocks. Rubber which are black, and the red ones which are silicone. They come in all different diameters and thicknesses, so you will need to either find out what your shocks are supposed to use, or measure them and buy a few different sizes to make sure you get the right ones. There are charts and calculators you can find on the internet that will let you use the shaft and bore diameters to help you select the right o-ring, but you will need a set of calipers to measure your shock bore and shaft diameter. But you have to be an engineer to understsnd how to use them lol.

There are two different types used in shocks. Rubber which are black, and the red ones which are silicone. They come in all different diameters and thicknesses, so you will need to either find out what your shocks are supposed to use, or measure them and buy a few different sizes to make sure you get the right ones. There are charts and calculators you can find on the internet that will let you use the shaft and bore diameters to help you select the right o-ring, but you will need a set of calipers to measure your shock bore and shaft diameter. But you have to be an engineer to understsnd how to use them lol.
Cheers buddy! Will silicon be best so as not to be ruined by the shock oil? And will any shock oil do as I’ve got some from my motor bike lol
I’ve got a set of verniers as I’m a mechanic so I can check the sizes and go online to check, any pointers for the websites or is it just s case of trawling through google haha

Cheers buddy! Will silicon be best so as not to be ruined by the shock oil? And will any shock oil do as I’ve got some from my motor bike lol
I’ve got a set of verniers as I’m a mechanic so I can check the sizes and go online to check, any pointers for the websites or is it just s case of trawling through google haha
Rubber is fine if you use silicone shock oil. I use Losi brand oil. The red o-rings are made of silicone, so they will withstand just about anything. They are actually high-temo o-rings.

As far as the websites for calculators, you'll just have to look around. I used to have a couple saved, but that was on my work pc when I was programming cnc's. But it won't be hard to just measure your shocks and allow for just a slight bit of squish. Most 1/10 scale shocks use the same size o-rings, so you could likely just buy some from other shocks if nothing else.

Hello all!
Thanks!
Welcome which model do you have Duratrax axis evaders?

Rubber is fine if you use silicone shock oil. I use Losi brand oil. The red o-rings are made of silicone, so they will withstand just about anything. They are actually high-temo o-rings.

As far as the websites for calculators, you'll just have to look around. I used to have a couple saved, but that was on my work pc when I was programming cnc's. But it won't be hard to just measure your shocks and allow for just a slight bit of squish. Most 1/10 scale shocks use the same size o-rings, so you could likely just buy some from other shocks if nothing else.
Great info that’s bud, I’ll shop around and see what comes up! Many thanks for the help!

I don't see a model #... do you happen to have one... because shock parts for the vintage duratrax are all over the place.. plus like FOG said any O-ring would work black or red.. hope you find them

U
I don't see a model #... do you happen to have one... because shock parts for the vintage duratrax are all over the place.. plus like FOG said any O-ring would work black or red.. hope you find them
Yes buddy I’ve got the parts list for it, I found some complete struts on eBay but the packet was stained like the oil leaked all out of them so I would still need the o rings even for those I suspect...
DTXC9055 Shock Dust seal
DTXC9060 Shock oil seals
DTXC9070 Shock Piston
DTXC9102 Shock Bushing

Oh you got the thunder quake? Nice 👍👍
Oh you got the thunder quake? Nice you don't need new shock just the rings or rebuild kit... those rings are all over the place... there was 48 different ones on eBay I saw...
I was just asking for the RC model# I can look it all up and find rebuild kit or the o-rings or whatever you need with just the RC model # a rebuild kit probably be best for you IMO

Last edited:
Oh you got the thunder quake? Nice 👍👍
Oh you got the thunder quake? Nice you don't need new shock just the rings or rebuild kit... those rings are all over the place... there was 48 different ones on eBay I saw...
I was just asking for the RC model# I can look it all up and find rebuild kit or the o-rings or whatever you need with just the RC model # a rebuild kit probably be best for you IMO
Think mine is the axis but they share chassis and engine apparently? You’ll probs know better than me buddy tbh tho.
One of the shocks is wobbly so the internals have probably broken or been lost so that will defo any full rebuild... Where would the model number be, can’t seem to see one on my parts list?

Which RC is it thunder quake or the evaders? If you have manual it should be on cover or top of parts list.. just really need to know the exact model bud
This is the RC your talking about bud? Just want to make sure I got it rite
Screenshot_20210821-094833_Google.jpg

Last edited:
Which RC is it thunder quake or the evaders? If you have manual it should be on cover or top of parts list.. just really need to know the exact model bud
This is the RC your talking about bud? Just want to make sure I got it rite View attachment 131338
Yeah it’s the Axis as shown in that pic buddy, definitely! Looks a lot nicer in that pic however as she’s quite old and battered now haha
I’ve got a parts list (exploded diagram type) for it not the actual user manual unfortunately mate as that’s what I needed to get the bottom arms identified (amongst the other parts that could be replaced on it too lol)

Yeah it’s the Axis as shown in that pic buddy, definitely! Looks a lot nicer in that pic however as she’s quite old and battered now haha
I’ve got a parts list (exploded diagram type) for it not the actual user manual unfortunately mate as that’s what I needed to get the bottom arms identified (amongst the other parts that could be replaced on it too lol)
Ok I have a bunch of different downloads to help you out.. I love looking at/up RC parts.. so I will find you a complete list of the parts for it and send it to you

Ok I have a bunch of different downloads to help you out.. I love looking at/up RC parts.. so I will find you a complete list of the parts for it and send it to you
Mate that is awesome many many thanks! Really appreciate the help with this Stoner!!!

Last edited:
Mate that is awesome many many thanks! Really appreciate the help with this Stoner!!!
No problem bud... that's what we are all here for..To help out other RC addicts with there additions 🤣🤣. and to helps us learn other ideas, tips, how too's, others opinions and soak up all the knowledge we can about different RCs and the hobby as Whole.... so that we can fix the Rc's that we have and broke ,fried, seized, or just don't understand so then we can drive bash and break it again with the biggest kid like smiles on are faces well until we break them again.... 👍👍🤣🤣🤣🤦‍♂🤣🤣

Like me just then, proving your profile is correct- just ran a tank of fuel through the Frankenstein and clipped a parked cars wheel- bent the shock tower and when I tried to straighten it the thing snapped, there’s another part to add on to the list now 🤦‍♂️🤣
Can’t thank you enough for the helping tho buddy I love this place already!!!
D2DD6EB1-FCD9-4165-A0EF-ECFBD3B28045.jpeg
E77E6B3C-B4A5-4A7D-A73D-5C16FC463637.jpeg

Do you think this unknown upgrade part would fit the axis buddy, gonna be £20 plus for the Duratrax part or around £6 for this one lol
☝️Scrap that it doesn’t look right when I’ve blown the pic up... Which RC is it thunder quake or the evaders? If you have manual it should be on cover or top of parts list.. just really need to know the exact model bud
This is the RC your talking about bud? Just want to make sure I got it rite View attachment 131338
BTW I think the number for this model is DTXC0070 buddy

Attachments

• 2262ED17-F535-45CA-A83A-651BF95D0691.png
    2262ED17-F535-45CA-A83A-651BF95D0691.png
    227.1 KB · Views: 42
  • AE42192D-6380-4502-9A68-3BFC936EAE16.png
    AE42192D-6380-4502-9A68-3BFC936EAE16.png
    464.4 KB · Views: 38
Last edited:
Back