Aluminum upgrades for the XL

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bandditt

RC Newbie
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
After reading a lot of the older threads I realize now that upgrading to aluminum isn't the way to go but, are there any parts on the XL that can or should be upgraded to aluminum or something stronger. Let me say this to I'm not going to be jumping over houses or off roof tops and I don't go out to see how much abuse the truck can take, although I have done my share of cartwheels. I don't baby the truck but I also don't try to break it.
also what are some decent web sites for aftermarket parts? Thank you.

I'm with you on the not purposefully trying to break it!, although sometimes I do get a little to sure of my MT
As for aluminum it always bends, I've bent an aluminum rim on my half ton truck going 30K, I hit a curb in February 2 winters ago, really great way to screw up a set of 22"... I still have three of them!

All u need is a high quality set of TVP's. Upgrading arms, bulks, hubs and carriers to aluminum isn't necessary unless u really want those parts, it's more personal preference then anything.

If the plastic parts break, let'em break they're cheap and easy to replace and also plastic does a hell of alot better job at dispersing energy them aluminum that's why I like the stock arms. RPM arms are great too, lots of ppl use them and there guaranteed for life so no worries there.

I'd suggest u look into these TVP's as a replacement for the stockers.
IRC 1inch+6mm Ext LCG: http://www.innovative-rc.com/black-anodized-1inch-back-front-extended-p-334.html
FLM Ext LCG:http://www.fastlanemachine.net/proddetail.php?prod=FLM45100&cat=22

I've owned one set of IRC TVP's and two sets of FLM TVP's and much prefer the IRC's, better design IMO and the FLM engine plate is total crap lol. Check out this guys build thread: https://www.rcnitrotalk.com/forum/showthread.php?t=101197, he also has both sets.

I'm glad I joined this web site you guy's are worth your weight in gold. I was this close, you can't see me but it was vary vary close to buying Integy stuff and a bunch of it. Now is there anything I can do for you, such as, quell an uprising, clear a bar, overtake a regime, any of the everyday stuff,lol.
Seriously thank you much.

Hahaha u sure did dodge a huge bullet there buddy by not buying Integy poop parts lol. I'm assumeing u've come to relize that a company such as Integy produces nothing but shity ass aluminum hop ups for shelf queens and noobs who don't know any better? Ok maybe that was a bit harsh, there cluthes and rear carries seem to hold up well but that's it LOL those are the ONLY two parts from Integy that are worth a dam.

Nah man we don't need any favors over here (every day stuff lol) just stay clear of craptastic parts and u'll be good that's all.

Let us know what other parts ur looking at for the XL, everybody here is more then willing to help and wellcome to RCNT!!!

Ya know they, Integy that is, did have some replacement steering wheels for your radio that didn't look to bad. But the one I wanted was only $8.00 and they have a $30.00, I think it's $30.00 min purchase I don't even remember I was so pi---sed off. I've never heard of a min purchase amount. Obviously they are making wa---y too much money. But not off me thanks to you guy's. I'll come up with some here sooner or later, can't let that money sit in the wallet to long it goes bad don't ya know. Thanks again. I know I'm thanking you a lot but I really do appreciate the help.

Glad u see the light and ur welcome lol.

PS. Wait till u get bit buy the upgade bug, no longer will u have the problem with money just sitting there in ur wallet spoiling lol, the new issue will be how to keep all those receipts and bank statements out of the hands of the GF/wife hahaha.

Hot racing is fairly week alloy too. Fine for something like a center skid, but I wouldn't run HR or integy for much else.

Damn I was going to try the helical cut diff gear set......back to 29T/9T I suppose!