Aluminum Skid plate question

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bkyd Basher

RCTalk Addict
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Racing
Hey guys, on the stock plastic skidplates there is the D shaped holes for the steering rack posts. Obviously the aluminums dont have them. Dont the need to be stationary?And not spin?

The D slot is to just hold the posts so you can tighten the screws without the posts turning.
Use locktite and you will not have any issues with the aluminum skid and steering posts.

Well not to impressed with the aluminum skids. Both are laying flat against the bulks after just a few descent hits. Anyone know of a good tuff brand for aluminum skids?

All full length aluminum skids will eventually bend no matter which brand or what aluminum they are made from..

I cut about ½ of the front lip off and ¾ of the rear lip off, then use a wear plate over the aluminum skid.

I put aluminum skids with RPM skids on top (or underneath depending what way you look at it) any way the RPM's are closet to the ground. Even though the RPM skids only curve slightly upward, I found they take most of the hits thus protecting the aluminum skids. My main goal with the aluminum skids are to provide a metal contact points between aluminum chassis braces and bulks.

stop hitting stuff ! LOL ! i have Al skids on my Maxx, i just bend them back if they take a good hit !

When I had a maxx, I used to run RC Solutions spring steel skids. I also put rubber bumpers behind them... as far as skids go, they were the best I ran.
Front: http://shop.rc-solutions.com/T-Maxx-E-Maxx-Skid-Plate-Front-013.htm
Rear: http://shop.rc-solutions.com/T-Maxx-E-Maxx-Skid-Plate-Rear-014.htm

Everything bends. If you want them to not bend as easily, then titanium is about all you can run, but then you run the risk of ripping out screws vs bending the skid. Racers Edge used to make some titanium skids.

I have the spring steel ones on my son's MAxx. I have to agree with Olds,they are the best.

Olds: Good to see you back on the forum my friend :thumbup:

I'm using the duratrax aluminum skid

---------- Post added at 2:22 PM ---------- Previous post was at 2:21 PM ----------

I'm using the duratrax aluminum skid plate set and haven't been having any problems

Back