Aluminum on the Slash

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mayhem

Hardcore RCTalk User
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
Has anyone put any aluminum on the slash, if so how did it hold up. Stock is pretty damn strong but some of the parts are breaking. http://www.teamstrc.com/ebproduct.asp?catmainid=35&p=1 has some parts for the slash.... I'm just wondering if I will only get looks and no performance out of these parts.

I didn't even know they made aluminum for the Slash. However, most aluminum isn't the best way to go. It can't flex like plastic, and it adds weight to the vehicle. However, it looks really sweet. I don't have any personal experience with that aluminum on the slash, but I had some on my Jato, and it held up good, but I didn't bash it hard.

i have aluminum turnbuckles and little things like that aswell as an aluminum flat chassis.

Yeah, when I had my rustler it was all aluminum, than I sold it all because I just wasn't worth it even though it looks pretty sweet. With the beating I put the slash through it would just crinkle
examples of the rusy
161Bottom.gif

161RCSOLUTIONSMAYHEM.jpg

it might be a good idea if you are having issues with that specific part breaking then maby move up to aluminum. but remember whenever u increase the strength of one thing the force gets shifted somewhere else. something has to give.

Keep it plastic, go with rpm whatever.

Yeah i've learned that about alum. I've recently upgraded to RPM arms all around.

The only thing I advise going aluminum on would be shock caps/full shocks.

Deffinatly stay away from "bling"

Yeah, that was one of the first things that went, blew the shock caps off.

We had a guy put the aluminum braces on the bottom that attach to the chassis and everytime he wrecked very hard it twisted/bent and he would have to bend it back. Eventually just went back to stock and no more problems. Only pieces I replace is with RPM. I would prefer the cheap stuff break thats easy to replace, saves the bigger parts.

I just jumped a saturn with my slash and nothing broke yay plastic.

Other than the turnbuckles, I upgraded the steering rack to aluminum.

Other than the turnbuckles, I upgraded the steering rack to aluminum.
How does that feel compared to stock? Does the aluminum bellcrank set come with bearings installed?

I'm about to add bearings to my plastic bellcranks because my steering system is worn.

How does that feel compared to stock? Does the aluminum bellcrank set come with bearings installed?

I'm about to add bearings to my plastic bellcranks because my steering system is worn.

The aluminum bellcrank does come with bearings. I feel that the steering is more responsive and smoother... of course it could all be in my head.. but I was real happy with the upgrade.

It's been my experience that with just about anything in R/C, aluminum is a bad idea, at least for stuff around the suspension like the a-arms and shock towers. I don't know about the steering blocks or knuckles on sct's, but I have run aluminum knuckles and c-hubs on my crawlers because the plastic just won't cut it. I guess it's like they say though, aluminum breaks where plastic bends. Just my .02 though.

Back