All Arrma Sentons - Review and Upgrades I Did

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bigbristv

RCTalk Qualifier
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Racing
  3. Crawling
  4. Scale Builder
Check out this review on the Arrma Senton and let me know what you think and what I missed.

+1 bris. Senton platform is versatile and durable. Great video walk-through. Thanks.

Bought my Senton Mega 550 as a slider from a RC chop shop on Ebay. Swapped in Typhon body mounts. Dropped on a Typhon body and got the 1/8 scale 2WD buggy I wanted. Still working upgrades on the internals. Like the concept of being able to go from a 2WD basic package to 4WD.

Keep those in-depth reviews coming, bris. Big help to prospective buyers. Cheers. 'AC'

20230503_131955_forum resize.jpg

20230920_164903_forum resize.jpg

+1 bris. Senton platform is versatile and durable. Great video walk-through. Thanks.

Bought my Senton Mega 550 as a slider from a RC chop shop on Ebay. Swapped in Typhon body mounts. Dropped on a Typhon body and got the 1/8 scale 2WD buggy I wanted. Still working upgrades on the internals. Like the concept of being able to go from a 2WD basic package to 4WD.

Keep those in-depth reviews coming, bris. Big help to prospective buyers. Cheers. 'AC'

View attachment 172770

View attachment 172771
Thanks man, I really appreciate the vote of confidence!

I like what you have done there, would it be as simple as swapping in some front gearing? Your slider came as 2wd?

Thanks man, I really appreciate the vote of confidence!

I like what you have done there, would it be as simple as swapping in some front gearing? Your slider came as 2wd?
Indeed, bris. If one wanted to convert to 4WD simply purchasing the Boost 4WD package and presto - it's 4WD/AWD.

Yes, slider cane as 2WD. Specifically wanted a platform larger than 1/10 in 2WD and wanted a buggy. Can't speak to all the Arrma offerings, but this Senton platform is highly adaptable to a variety of configurations.

Currently my conversion is 2S LiPo. Upgrade to 3S is in the plans once the platform goes 0.8mod steel spur and diff. Staying with 2WD. I like the simplicity and comparative ease of maintenance of 2WD over 4WD.

Indeed, bris. If one wanted to convert to 4WD simply purchasing the Boost 4WD package and presto - it's 4WD/AWD.

Yes, slider cane as 2WD. Specifically wanted a platform larger than 1/10 in 2WD and wanted a buggy. Can't speak to all the Arrma offerings, but this Senton platform is highly adaptable to a variety of configurations.

Currently my conversion is 2S LiPo. Upgrade to 3S is in the plans once the platform goes 0.8mod steel spur and diff. Staying with 2WD. I like the simplicity and comparative ease of maintenance of 2WD over 4WD.
I was going to go 0.8 but I think I'll wait until I strip out the 48s I have in there now.

Regarding maintenance of 4 vs 2wd, I believe that to be not that much of an issue with these Arrmas, plus you will have better steering. Just a thought.

Back