Alien Power Sytem Anyone tried one

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Addict Rc

Hardcore RCTalk User
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
I found this brand and it has decent pricing for the electronics and I kinda want to run a 6s system in the slash without buying a $350 system
I found this esc that can handle 6s and rhe motor can handle 6s but there’s another motor that’s 200kv and can handle 2-14 s but that’s a bit much
What did you guys think it would be about $130 before shipping costs plus $70 for another 3s
Motor link https://alienpowersystem.com/shop/b...sored-outrunner-brushless-motor-1300kv-1600w/
Esc link https://alienpowersystem.com/shop/esc/car-esc/150a-esc-rc-1-8-car-1-6s/
Also like $30 for shipping

That's an outrunner motor for airplanes. You can't even put a pinion on that.

You could get a Spektrum 150A system from a 6s Arrma (hobbywing makes them) for 200ish bucks at Jenny's RC (they take apart new RCs for parts, so everything's new but no warranty).

IMHO a 4s system is more than enough in a Slash but different strokes for different folks and all that...

That's an outrunner motor for airplanes. You can't even put a pinion on that.

You could get a Spektrum 150A system from a 6s Arrma (hobbywing makes them) for 200ish bucks at Jenny's RC (they take apart new RCs for parts, so everything's new but no warranty).

IMHO a 4s system is more than enough in a Slash but different strokes for different folks and all that...
Really I thought it was a rc car motor it looks but ok thanks

1300kv for a boat? That's a bit slow for a boat. More like a crawler motor.

I am getting senile. But for an airplane, that is still slow. The motors on my 6" drone are 5300kv if I remember correctly.

No, but an airplane motor is going to be a lot faster than 1300kv as well I am guessing.

Nope, they go down into the hundreds. I don't think I've seen <100 but I have seen <200KV. Big ol' props are mounted directly to them so it kinda makes sense.

Back