Aircraft nitro fuel

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SokuShi

RCTalk Qualifier
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
is 20% aircraft nitro fuel the same as what i could use in a car?

no. dont ever use airplane fuel in a nitro r/c vehical.. it will screw up the engine. just because its a little cheaper, dont get it, stick with the fuel that is made for r/c's

later

The main reason not to use it is that it has a lot more oil in it. I ran some 20% nitro plane fuel in a worn out buggy engine once, hoping the extra oil would make the piston seal better. All it did was smoke like crazy. I don't think it will hurt anything, but its not ideal.

get some blue thunder 20%, that stuff is my pimp juice :smart:

I wonder..... people were talking in another thread about adding castor to their fuel.... It seems that the easiest, most effective way would be to add some airplane fuel.

Adding the airplane fuel to your car/truck fuel would not only add oil, but also add the extra nitromethane to balance it out.

What do you all think about this?

Anyone ever tried it?

ahh cool thanks for the imput, i ran blue thunder through my Duratrax max ST, the stuff is cool, it hink my LHS carries odonnel or whatever.

Originally posted by GilBeQuick
I wonder..... people were talking in another thread about adding castor to their fuel.... It seems that the easiest, most effective way would be to add some airplane fuel.

Adding the airplane fuel to your car/truck fuel would not only add oil, but also add the extra nitromethane to balance it out.

What do you all think about this?

Anyone ever tried it?

I tink the oils in plane fuel are designed for a lower perating temp.

As for adding castor, screw that. I used to run Byrons fuel in my planes. I ran 5% nitro in an MVVS .40 (detuned quickie 500 race engine), and 20% 4 stoke in an OS FS-48 4 stroke. After a couple gallons, there was massive carbon buildup on the exhause port and the top of the piston on the MVVS, and the exhaust valve/port on the OS. After that, I ran Cool Power and Omega from Morgans fuel and never had carbon problems afterwards. Some castor is ok in my book, but adding it to fuel is plain nutz (IMO).

I had my dad fuel up my Nitro 4 tec (Piece of crap car btw) and he put some of my plane fuel in it and it wouldnt even start at all. I wouldnt recommend it. Id recommend it as much as a Nitro 4 tec..lol