Air filters??

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dieselbgs

RCTalk Rookie
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
So I have heard that upgraded air filters give you more power and you dont have to clean them as much.Then i have also heard a air filter is a air filter. Any advice??

You have heard wrong on the type of air filter. You don't want to use a paper type filter as they don't filter the fine dust out. You really need a good 2-stage foam filter with an oiled inner and a dry outer element.

You have heard wrong on the type of air filter. You don't want to use a paper type filter as they don't filter the fine dust out. You really need a good 2-stage foam filter with an oiled inner and a dry outer element.

I agree with hamz.:D

MotorSavers in my honest opinion are the best filters money can buy. The new ones come with a screen which serves the same purpose as an OuterSaver, then has a 2 stage foam filter. For the price, they are great!!!

This is the behemoth I use on my LST.

5661198517_75086f015f_z.png

*No need to remind me that my truck looks like it's seen from one end of the Sahara to the other. ;)

Hey, at least your filter is clean! lol

I buy aftermarket filters that are larger when possible to allow me to clean it less often.

Yes Motorsavers are some of the best. No a filter is not just a filter....if some one says to get a K&N filter for your RC stop listening to them immediately.....they have not a clue and are going to ruin your engine. Two stage oiled and you will be good.

Hey, at least your filter is clean! lol

I buy aftermarket filters that are larger when possible to allow me to clean it less often.

This filter is so low maintenance. I check the elements all the time and there's just so much area to it that it doesn't build up with dirt quickly. Love love love it! What I don't love is how it gets in the way, it's so damn big that it's hard to situate it under the body.

I use motorsaver air filters on all my trucks...

K N air filter all the way mate anybody who says there rubbish hasn't got a clue what there talkin about . There brilliant sound awesome look awesome . Lets all the dust into your engine and everything . Lol . Was anybody gettin ready to go hard when they started reading this lol . I have the 2 stage and love it .

K&N was one of my sponsers when i was drag racing and i won't use them on my RC engines.Does that tell you anything.:p:

A bit of sarcasm never hurts every now and then.

Haha you gotta love a bit of banter . Drag racing is for people that can't go round corners isn't it :) :D :D :D

And NASCAR is for people who can't turn right.

Nice tip on the motor saver filters!

Thanks guys the guy at the hobby shop kept trin to sell me a k&n air filter and I was thinking that its a pretty lose filter.I got a two stage filter now.

oh why not......l.o.l. so seriously the foam is the best filter..... I have been trying to figure out any better filter system but have had no luck comeing up with something I am willing to axually try on any of my rigs.. Has anyone else tried to figure out anything better????? I am always trying to find an easier way and a better solution to things....
Jeese if k&n filters axually worked then so wouldnt coffe filters wouldnt they???? l.o.l

I just can't imagine anything that's better than a 2 stage filter, especially the new motor saver with the screen.
The outer foam stays dry and blocks over 90% of the dust. To clean it, just take it off and flick the dust off.
The inner foam is soaked with sticky filter oil and RARELY needs to be cleaned since almost nothing gets through
the outer foam to stick to the inner. It just doesn't get better than that.

Back