air filter oil

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I use Traxxas 5263 air filter oil. That's just what my LHS carries. I know guys that use regular 3 IN one oil. You could probably use just about any type of oil. It is really just to catch the small particles of dust and stuff. I don't use much just enough to where the filter has a nice oily coat on it.

I have used heavy shock oil or diff oil before now, or even 20w/50 engine oil.

I don't give 3-in-1 oil house room, let alone allow it anywhere near anything I use as it has citronella in it and is known to attack metals and cause rust.

I have used heavy shock oil or diff oil before now, or even 20w/50 engine oil.

I don't give 3-in-1 oil house room, let alone allow it anywhere near anything I use as it has citronella in it and is known to attack metals and cause rust.
3 in one oil prevents rust. I guess me using it on my engines as after run oil for the last 10 years isn't proof enough? I guess since I only get around 10+ gallons of fuel through my engines I wouldn't use it either. You guys are something else. I'm through with this forum!

I've been using marvel oil on my filters for as long as I can remember!...or a tacky type like the traxxas works really well,...clean filter,dry it,get it soaked with the marvel and then squeeze out all the extra with your fingers,perfect oiling evertime

I was thinking of the marvel oil since that is what I use for after run oil, thanks Hot rod. Bama, I'm with u I never heard of 3in1 causing rust.?????????????

Thanks Men

Why not just air filter oil it' not that expensive? Hot rod it's nice to know Marvel has worked I have a ton of that stuff on hand since I mix it 50/50 with trans fluid for ARO. Maybe i'll give it a shot for my filters.

I got a quart of Marvel oil for $4.98, Filter oil on Ebay is a lot more. That leaves more money for upgrades.
Bash, break, repair, repeat

Hulk your making your own aro? I've never thought about thinning Trans fluid,I know it's about the best rust inhibitor out there

Yep 50% marvel/50%autotrans fluid non synthetic has worked great on any engine so far for ARO. And start ups are easier running it. Bigshoot if your looking for an actual filter oil you can pick up a can of spray on at any bike shop also about 5 bucks a can that would last forever. All the oil does is help catch the fine particles of dust from entering past the filter.

That's cool man, I remember back when I hung out at the track some guys used some stuff called Rock oil for foam filters. I think it is used on motor cross bikes air filters. You can buy a quart on the bay for like $12.00