air filter oil

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nitroguy

RCTalk Member
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
hi just wondering would it be ok to use 2 cycle oil for the air filter as i dont have the proper oil on hand thanks

I wouldn't do it for long. Air filter oil is a bit sticker and that helps catch the fine dust particles.

Marvel works nice its not tacky but I beleive it flows air better

transmited from a mobile communications device

I dont use substitutes when it comes to air filter oil. I'm protecting my engines as best as i can.

I wouldn't do it for long. Air filter oil is a bit sticker and that helps catch the fine dust particles.

best to keep the crap out of your mill !!!! don't risk the damage !

hi just wondering would it be ok to use 2 cycle oil for the air filter as i dont have the proper oil on hand thanks
Buddy, long before they started making this sticky oil for these filters, every foam air cleaner used on every lawn mower engine used regular motor oil. I'm pretty sure that it's not going to do any damage to your engine if you use what you have until you get some sticky air filter oil.

I use k&n air filter oil. Cheeper and works just as good

in a pinch marvel mystery oil will work. but best to use it in your street truck gas, 4 oz to 10 gal.

I dont use substitutes when it comes to air filter oil. I'm protecting my engines as best as i can.

I agree, my rig is important to me too take a chance not using AFO. I usually have 2-3 pre oiled filters ready to go when i go out running. This way I can quickly change them out as needed "in the field". Also by having several at the ready, I won't be able to not run due to lack of AFO.

Back