Agama A8 buggy

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

banchee6

RC Newbie
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Racing
I recently purchased two Agama A8 buggies from a guy online.

he seemed to know his stuff but i am a little worried that he don't. Heres what i got.

One buggy came with an OS .21 VZB motor, with JB2 and JB1 exhaust.
Other one is without power and both are without electronics.

thinking of taking the stripped on and making it a brushless conversion. all i can find is a conversion kit for a A8 EVO. they look pretty close to the same buggy, but not exactly sure if they are, how old my two are and what parts are completely compatible.

If needing pics, let me know and i can provide a few. Does anyone still run this name brand?

thanks for the help

Agama? Sorry, never heard of it.
You really don't need a special conversion kit to go electric. Just a mount for the motor would be the only drilling you'd have to do.
If you'll be running LiPo batteries they'll be small enough to fit in convenient places.

thanks.. Only issue I'm having now is that I'm trying to figure out what pitch and size pinion i need for this conversion?

I went with a castle 1515 2200kv motor with there ESC. going to run it on 4 cells probably for my daughter to play with.

this company doesn't have info on pitches or anything for pinion sellection. I know the motor will be a 5mm shaft.

Man you right. I've been beating these things up and they just taking it. I set up my extra one on a castle esc and motor. 4s and it's one hell of a hauler. Flys well and handles great. On 6s, wow. Wheelie on command and high high top speeds. My nitro has become the highlite of our bashing lately. 60' jumps are no obstacle. Very impressed with their products.

Good to know someone has one. Just recently purchased a Tekno E truggy. Waiting for it to come in. Going to equip it with castle 2200 kv, savox servo and spektrum tx/rx.

I've been having good luck with my set ups lately. Can't complain. I actually won the Tekno on a raffle. Lucky for me.

We do not have a local track but we are considering making one for our local entertainment. But for now, it's home made ramps and big dirt hills. And a few drag racing stop on the back streets. I have a jato for that.

Back