Aftershock/LST2 Engine Mount Screw/Bolt size?

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Nor_Cal_Guy

RCTalk Basher
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
My truck decided to let the stock ones free and now I'm DIW. Anyone know what size they are? The part numbers are A6240 A6350, however Losi Parts are hard to come-by and I just want to get it going...

Guy at hobbytown insists 5-40-1/2"? wt.

Pretty sure they are 4-40, and in my experience, HobbyTown employees aren't the best to take advice from.

Pretty sure they are 4-40, and in my experience, HobbyTown employees aren't the best to take advice from.

That's what I was figuring, so there is only one way to find out.

The part # you gave Losi crosses to a 5-40. I checked my set that I have,it has 4-40 in it but they are loose. I don't have a 5-40 here at the house but I will check it thoroughly at work in the AM and let you know tomorrow.

Hobby town people sometimes suck they just tell you this tell you that just to sell you something and go. Lol I'm new but not that dumb

The part # you gave Losi crosses to a 5-40. I checked my set that I have,it has 4-40 in it but they are loose. I don't have a 5-40 here at the house but I will check it thoroughly at work in the AM and let you know tomorrow.

Interesting. After work I'll see if I can find my 454 mounts, they still have the original screws in them, and I'll gauge them.

LST Engine Mount Bolts

The correct size is 5-40, it is the same as the shock mount bolts. 4-40 is too small.

Cheers.

Yes,5-40 they are. Since mine had 4-40 in them I probably wouldn't have checked but after this thread I just had to check it out. I stand corrected :)

Sorry about my misinformation. I had drilled mine out a long time ago and use 4mm. Did the same with my upper shock mount bolts. Everything else I replaced with 3mm.

I have been to a hobbytown, an ace and a truvalue...no luck.

Damn loosey Losi. Well 5-40 it is then!

Back