After Market Rubber

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Prophet216

RCTalk Basher
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Racing
I put some proline super swampers on the rear of my rustler. They are quite hefty, I can for sure see a difference in accell and also can tell slipper slips more because of more weight to get moving. Should I worry about tearing up the tranny? Will fitting 12 slipper pegs give better grip on the slipper without it needing to be tighter? Thanks in advance

Attachments

• IMG_20160907_185120.jpg
    IMG_20160907_185120.jpg
    229.8 KB · Views: 247
I always run my Rusty with all of the slipper pegs in. You may want to adjust your gearing to account for the added weight and height of the tires, lower tooth count on the CB or higher on the spur.

I always run my Rusty with all of the slipper pegs in. You may want to adjust your gearing to account for the added weight and height of the tires, lower tooth count on the CB or higher on the spur.
I may put on the 72 tooth spur but don't really wanna loose top end, how much does the spur change performance?

Changing the spur won't have anywhere near the effects as changing the clutch bell. (as long as the spurs are close in tooth count)
Keep in mind that the taller tires will get you a higher top end speed than the stickers so lowering a tooth on the bell to get your low end back may be just what you need.

Prophet that's funny because I did the same thing but plan on putting the 3.3 on it from the Revo when I decide which motor to put in the Revo, I'd like to find some narrower tires for the front.
DSC_0002.JPG

BTW Prophet, how old is your Rustler? Boy your Rustler looks really clean, nice job!

Prophet that's funny because I did the same thing but plan on putting the 3.3 on it from the Revo when I decide which motor to put in the Revo, I'd like to find some narrower tires for the front.View attachment 18390.

BTW Prophet, how old is your Rustler? Boy your Rustler looks really clean, nice job!
About 3 months in that pic, just new shiny rubber lol. I really like the gladiators on the front. Extra grippy and are not wearing fast at all. About 3/4 of a gallon on tires and show no wear.

Changing the spur won't have anywhere near the effects as changing the clutch bell. (as long as the spurs are close in tooth count)
Keep in mind that the taller tires will get you a higher top end speed than the stickers so lowering a tooth on the bell to get your low end back may be just what you need.
+1 on all that. Odds are, with your gearing, your not getting too close to top RPM's out of that engine. At least with lower gearing, you will have a more responsive throttle and will be able to use more of it's RPM range.

Prophet that's funny because I did the same thing but plan on putting the 3.3 on it from the Revo when I decide which motor to put in the Revo, I'd like to find some narrower tires for the front.View attachment 18390
Man, I thought my jato looked funny with Stampede tires on the rear! That thing just looks so wrong that it's almost right!

No... no, it's all wrong! LOL!

I ran some old OFNA blazer tires on mine for a while until they got bald. They were like finding a unicorn when I found them, but I really liked the stance, ground clearance and cushion it added for big air.
2009-0809-JatoWithOFNATiresSide.jpg

I was pretty sure Pro-Line came out with some extra wide 1/8 buggy tires for a while. By then, I was running standard 1/8 buggy rims with badlands tread for the rear and road rage on the front. Spent most of it's life in grass or dirt, so they held up really well. Having the badlands all the way around was too much grip and it rolled constantly. The street tires made it a lot easier to drive in the grass.

yeah yeah, I know it looks wrong but it work very well and when I install the 3.3 it should be a water walker:D

Yep, that is one funky looking Jato!!! Funny... WAAAAAAAY back when, I was racing my optima on an indoor carpet track. I happened across a set of sponge 1/8 scare with the hex hub set up so I picked them up... I shaved them down considerably and got them trued but they were so wide, too many ppl bitched about them so I had to loose them but they did work great, I have to admit! Lol!

Back