Ae Tc3

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mayhem

Hardcore RCTalk User
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
Is this worth it for electric, how fast do they go stock?

I can't say for electric, I have read a lot of good things about them, but I am going to get the nitro version next summer

I've heard good about the electric as well. However, on my Christmas list is the Nitro Pro Rear Exhaust Bump Start version :D

Yeah But I don't wanna deal with the mess nitro has I just want somthin clean and fast

the tc3 is probably what you are looking for. If you put any stock in mag ratings, RCCA Touring Car Edition gave it the best overall vote out of a bunch of electric touring sedans. I myself am getting a micro rs4 for indoor winter action.

The TC3 will go about 25MPH with a 27T 24° stock motor. I got mine second hand, and it is a gem. Indoor racing season is just starting in my part of the country, so I just have to replace the slicks with foams, and I'm ready for some indoor racing action! Touring car racing is addictive!
You don't really need exotic stuff to keep up with the fast guys, I use a $25 DuraTrash....er...Duratrax ESC, and Trinity Zip Metal Hydride 2500 stick packs. Sure the guys with matched/Zapped/slammed/buzzed packs and $150 ESC's are faster, but not by much. I am consistently "mid-pack", over some folks with a lot more money in their cars. Just stick with stock class, so the motor is more or less the limiting factor as far as speed goes.

I've owned the xray & the lossi and hands down the tc3 is the best electric car I have ever owned and when your ready to take it to the next level you buy the irrgang graphite conversion for it and you'll own the best touring car on the market atleast in my opinion.:cheers:

What Arceeguy said, I am getting a 4-tec if Traxxas ever gets them in and ships it to me. But I want to make it as fast as possible without buying brushless. The TC3 is better for racing, 4-tec is better for just fun street driving.

J