ACE Outlaw Race Pipe: Review

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GilBeQuick

Hardcore RCTalk User
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
Got the pipe in a couple days ago, and finally had time today to take it out and test it. BTW, this is on a GT with a Fantom .15 engine. Here's the pipe: http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=3155005229&category=19168
To start out, the thing is loud. Not just loud, loud as hell, ear-piercing if you're close to it. If you have neighbors that don't like what you've already got, stay away from this one! (None of my neighbors care as long as it's not too early or too late.)
The HSN had to be richened about 1/2 turn, and then she ran at better temps. Low end was the same...the top end is where the pipe shines, it really comes to life when it revs up! Overall, it's a great performing pipe and if you don't mind the noise I'd reccomend it to anyone.

I guess you have to not mind the way it looks too! that beast is hideous, I am more for performance than looks but man that thing is fucgly

yeah yeah yeah and all babies are beautifull HAHAHA

To tell you the truth, it's actually kinda cool looking on the truck.

post some pictures of that hideous beast so we can see just how ugly.. i mean good looking it is.

From looking at the ebay listing are you sure it's not just some pipe welded together with no baffling inside or some type of restrictor cause a RC 2 stroke needs some back pressure. Look at some of the different types of pipes out there and none of them have the same size inlet and outlet. This is just my observation of the pipe in the picture.

Originally posted by Alein
From looking at the ebay listing are you sure it's not just some pipe welded together with no baffling inside or some type of restrictor cause a RC 2 stroke needs some back pressure. Look at some of the different types of pipes out there and none of them have the same size inlet and outlet. This is just my observation of the pipe in the picture.

thats a good point and there may be something inside but even if there isnt, the pipe alone provides more back pressure than nothing on the exhaust of the engine at all. but maybe even more importantly, there is an expansion chamber that also provides back pressure. search this forum and youll find a nice gif that somebody posted about how the expansion chamber works

holy crap that thing is fugly!! haha i bet it sounds nice tho i like pipes loud anyway..and what the heck if it runs well...run it!

I would post some pics if I could...no digital camera:wtf:

Originally posted by Alein
Look at some of the different types of pipes out there and none of them have the same size inlet and outlet.

Actually the Inlet is much larger than the outlet of the pipe, although the outlet is larger than most pipes. But like I said above, in comparison with the AE GT pipe, the low end is the same but the top end is better with the ACE. The only real trade-off is the sound, the ACE is loud as hell!!!