Absolute must have mods?

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Syd_15

RCTalk Member
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
What is the absolute must have mods for the Revo if your a basher?

Allready have:
FOC
close ratio gears
stiffer springs
heavier shock oil
new revo 150cc tank
working on a custom rollcage

I know rpm arms is a must but pretty difficult to get in South Africa unless you import it.

Just for laughs, I outran my buds Savage X 4.6 on sunday with the Revo with close ratio gears and all... :hehe:

i would get better shock ends and do a single servo conversion up front to get more battery life adn yea rpms are a must have

I'm working on a single servo mod just waiting for my new throttle servo box, reciever box and JR xr2i radio and reciever to arrive then I'll be doin' the mod.
How are the Tower Pro MG945 servo's? Would it be sufficient for the steering mod?

um i dunno about tower servos i have a jr.650m its pretty much the cheapest i would go for the mod it was 65 bucks but it does pretty good.. and has A 3 year warranty

When I first got mine, that's all I wanted to do was add stuff, then I realized, if it's not broken, why replace it if you're just bashing? I'm all for buying the things mentioned, but now I usually wait until I break something. I've beat the crap out of my Revo and the front A-arms are still holding strong. I did put an RPM tru-track rear end on it.........so I'm guilty of violating my own rule. :D But in my defense, it does help keep me going straight when trying to throw my rig off the ramp.

I had broken a few things on my revo since I got it.

Front A-arms, both sides
Engine mount
Exhaust header
Tires ripped at the sides
Throttle servo
Stripped tranny gears
Bent some pushrods and toe links
and of cause some rod ends.
etc.

;)
What can I say, bashing aint bashing with nothing breaking....

Only problem is that there is not much Hop-ups available in South Africa so I have to import and the shipping is killing me!

I can imagine that must be a bummer... do you even have a LHS?

Yes we have a LHS but only one and the owner seems not to be interrested in making money! I ordered parts from him in July and after 3 weeks i decided to get them from a place about 400miles from us, they had to order the parts and I received it 4 days later. The LHS have not even recieved the parts that I ordered till today. Even the stuff I buy on ebay don't take that long. So I came to the conclusion that I will buy the stuff I need on ebay and ship it in, even still cheaper than in South Africa with the shipping included!!!

For example: If I ship a Revo from amainhobbies the total is $811 with the most expensive shipping. If I buy it at the LHS it cost me the equivalent of %$910:angry:

WOW that is quite a difference indeed! I guess I take my LHS for granted being slightly agitated at the wait for parts that they don't have or getting em' off ebay. I'm going through that now stranded in Arkansas with no RR shock... Tehe yea I found a skate park here, vids will be posted as soon as I get home next week.