A little rant, if you will.

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
"Here Dad, you drive this bear", comes to mind.

Reminds me of a driver we'd hire on occasion. "Gear me low, the groove is inside and tight". Yeah, for quals and heats. Come feature time, he'd be rim riding in the marbles. The over-rev that came with that usually drove the pushrods through the rocker arms and out the top of the valve covers. He'd coast into the pits mid-feature saying, "junk car". Got so I'd keep a half-dozen or so cheap stamped steel valve covers specially for him instead of the expensive aluminums we usually ran. Swap 'em out when he got in the seat. Like we ran a B-feature car and couldn't afford all the high dollar valve train stuff. B-feature car was a money maker. A-feature car was a money pit. Yeah we tried running with the big dogs once. Didn't have deep enough pockets. Good years those were.

Biggie, you're gonna get a lot of great experiences to write home about. 'AC'
A bit of clarification, i dont drive. We have drivers for the cars. A few years back, and, I'm not ashamed to admit this, i got extremely freaked out after a drag race crash, so, i refuse to drive even for testing.

A bit of clarification, i dont drive. We have drivers for the cars. A few years back, and, I'm not ashamed to admit this, i got extremely freaked out after a drag race crash, so, i refuse to drive even for testing.

Once you see your mortality, you can't unsee it, it just takes some longer to notice it.

Back