A little miffed at Axial...

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RobG

RC Newbie
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Crawling
So yeah.. I'm a little pissed at Axial. The ONLY SCX24 bodies they offer for sale are the clear ones. So if you screw up your existing body, your only choices are to buy a clear body and paint it yourself (sounds like a pain in the butt to me) or buy a new crawler just to get the body you want/need. This blows.

I have the SCX24 Gladiator in tan... or rather, I HAD. Now I have a bare, bodyless chassis. Due to an "accident" (I'm not going into details), the body got ruined. I even emailed Axial about it and they're like, "nope, only available in clear." Kinda makes me wanna dump my Axial stuff and never own one again. Over in Traxxasland, you can buy any of the bodies in painted form separately from the entire kit.

So now I'm irritated and depressed because my favorite SCX24 is basically no more and the only way I really see to fix it is to buy another one. I did go ahead and order a clear body and some paint, but with my luck, it's gonna end up looking awful.

Okay, end of rant. Thanks for listening.

So yeah.. I'm a little pissed at Axial. The ONLY SCX24 bodies they offer for sale are the clear ones. So if you screw up your existing body, your only choices are to buy a clear body and paint it yourself (sounds like a pain in the butt to me) or buy a new crawler just to get the body you want/need. This blows.

I have the SCX24 Gladiator in tan... or rather, I HAD. Now I have a bare, bodyless chassis. Due to an "accident" (I'm not going into details), the body got ruined. I even emailed Axial about it and they're like, "nope, only available in clear." Kinda makes me wanna dump my Axial stuff and never own one again. Over in Traxxasland, you can buy any of the bodies in painted form separately from the entire kit.

So now I'm irritated and depressed because my favorite SCX24 is basically no more and the only way I really see to fix it is to buy another one. I did go ahead and order a clear body and some paint, but with my luck, it's gonna end up looking awful.

Okay, end of rant. Thanks for listening.
I understand the frustration. Painting bodies can be daunting if you haven't done it many times. But light even coats built up from the inside, and you'll look like a pro. Otherwise you might try ebay or such, a lot of guys customize their rigs and get rid of the original body.

Yeah I've checked ebay and haven't found anything yet.

Okay, so painting... you paint the inside right? I was looking at a YT video where a guy was custom painting a TRX-4 Defender, and he painted the outside, which seemed dumb. Sure, it looks great, but soon as he rolls it it isn't.

One of the issues I have with painting is that I want to attempt to paint the top and bed of the Gladiator black (to simulate the black hard top and bedliner), then the rest of it another color. I have a really bad feeling about that and getting it right. How long does the paint have to dry to cure properly?

Strange,
all companies have extra stock bodies painted.

First time i hear one that have only Clear extra bodies.

This is actually abit sad because 24scale is also to many Their first rig.
Also alot young boys have these cars at 10years age.
Everyone can ruin a body.
Offcourse they should sell extra body painted already.

Hmmm

If the stock body comes with window masks then it is easy paint self actually.
3-4 Thin coats , have the body about 10-15inch away from spray can.
And then maybe end with 1-2 coats white to back it up.

here is a video, paint it outside
also you see how you can make your body stronger in same video after he painted it

goodluck

Painting a body is pretty simple. Paint inside, using paint specifically for polycarbonate. Work from dark to light, so mask off the body leaving the areas you want black unmasked. Shoot the black first, let it dry, remove the masking and shoot the main color. Really nothing to it.

Learn to paint or take up a hobby where you don't need skill and time.

To be honest, this Hobby requires you can paint a lexan body Single Color Actually. Nino you are right.

Real RC Guys dont give up their rig because extra body is not painted. We want paint them self actually :smuggrin:

Box says actually AGE 14 minium.

I build from scratch my first Nitro Kyosho Kit car from small pieces when i was 9year old, painted the body also
this is about 30years ago, there was no internet, youtube videos either

RobG how old are you?​

@RobG - send the body to me and I will gladly paint it for you and ship it back, free of charge. Or, if you haven't ordered one yet, I can order the body, paint it, then...

Nevermind. He left lol

SAD,

i would also paint it free , happy to paint , i live in eu, if some one need single color paint i can help
only single color

He must be angry at Axial now, sad, maybe me too, i did not mean to be bad,
ROB G COME BACK, you have one friend WICKEDFOG is awsome scale builder and painter
come back, he fix this i promise he is good painter, seen many awsome builds he done

I love/hate painting bodies. Painting a 1/24 scale lexan body would be a piece of cake, and actually a lot of fun.

Hey @RobG - you wanna sell the truck?

"Clearly Crazy." Street bashing Rustler I was running fifteen or so years ago. Couldn't decide what color to paint it. Put stickers on it and ran it clear for quite a while. Being a chassis guy, kinda liked it anyway. So, Rob, there's another option for you.

Eventually did paint it. Stickers on the outside. Paint on the inside. Easy squeezie. Stick around Rob. You'll settle in o.k. Cheers. 'AC'

S6304585_resize RCT.JPG

Last edited:
So was @RobG being sarcastic and saying I'm out of here or was it actually, cool, I'm out of here and painting a body? I thought everybody gave good sound advise.
With that being said, all you fuggers are getting on my nerves so I'm out of here. But, I'm coming back because I actually crave getting on all of guys nerves a hell of a lot more....:p

Last edited:
I see no reason to get pissed, everybody helped him.

Yellow is my wife's favorite color, she loves it and of course so do I. Nice job bud.

Back