A little Help...

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

maxxedout240

RCTalk Basher
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Racing
hello everyone,
i just picked up a truck its tmaxx with a savage 2.5 motor. the guy told me eveything is fine but you just need a servo and a header and I'm set..idk if its just me or not but, there seems like theres more missing can any one tell from the pics thank you
i also have a brand new body for it..willing to do trades for parts or another body lmk if not shoot me a price dont low ball its brand new thank you
909-240-1762
truckhelp.jpg

body.jpg

As for missing parts, is there a receiver in the box? Except for that it looks like all you need is a steering servo.
It probably needs a lot of adjustments though judging from the way he has the throttle/ brake servo hooked up. That should be your 1st repair, the throttle and brake will not work very well setup like that.
It may be just the angle of the pic but the front end also looks tweaked to me.

As for missing parts, is there a receiver in the box? Except for that it looks like all you need is a steering servo.
It probably needs a lot of adjustments though judging from the way he has the throttle/ brake servo hooked up. That should be your 1st repair, the throttle and brake will not work very well setup like that.
It may be just the angle of the pic but the front end also looks tweaked to me.

oh no there is no recevier in the box but i do have one..just not hooked up.. and i also that the same about the throttle that just didnt seem right....but its just the way the pic is my front end is all upgraded so i know thats fine lol

Just FYI,

You MUST have a minimum of 100 posts before you can post items for sale AND must be a member in good standing for a minimum of 3 months.

It looks like the breaks get aplied when the when the you hit the gas. If that is true you may want to put the breaks on it own servo.

Hmmm ??, how do you put the brakes on a separate servo?

^+1 On that... I guess that's what I was getting at..

^+1 On that... I guess that's what I was getting at..

yea thats no longer like that i bought a new servo and also new linkage for the throttle and break... it will be put back to the way it should be set up...the guy i got it from had it like that which i didnt like at all

There is nothing wrong with that set up at all some guys like to install the throttle servo next to the carb they say it works better and its a faster pull, but, the linkage is/was way wrong, you just have to redo it that's all...
IMAG0196.jpg

There is nothing wrong with that set up at all some guys like to install the throttle servo next to the carb they say it works better and its a faster pull, but, the linkage is/was way wrong, you just have to redo it that's all...
IMAG0196.jpg

damm nice truck bro, but yea i bought everything to do that just need a couple more parts for it and ill be good to go..and just wounding why do people put zipties on the motor like that. i never knew why people do that

---------- Post added at 1:24 AM ---------- Previous post was at 1:23 AM ----------

The zip ties will help to "protect" the cooling head in the event of a roll over, the locking part will hit the cround instead of the actual head. Good luck on getting it running.

It really doesn't work as good as the theory does, trust me... And thank you for the compliment. My wallet is still recovering. Lol.

Hey Nikko, have you tried using fuel line around the head? It may give a little more "cushion", the zip ties need to be replaced every now and then being as they get brittle from the hot/cold cycles they see.

Hey Nikko, have you tried using fuel line around the head? It may give a little more "cushion", the zip ties need to be replaced every now and then being as they get brittle from the hot/cold cycles they see.

fuel lines? would it be the same way or how would that work you have any pics of it? and the zipties wouldnt burn off or anything. i think they would from the heat

fuel lines? would it be the same way or how would that work you have any pics of it? and the zipties wouldnt burn off or anything. i think they would from the heat

I'll try to get some pics tomorrow, as far as them burning up, the plastic will get brittle over time and the ties will have to be replaced.

Back