A few newbie questions

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TomSegers

RC Newbie
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
Hello all,

I have a few newbie questions here. I have looked in the FAQ section but could not quite find an answer to my question, hence this thread. Apologies if this has already been covered in the past.

I have a 8ight T 2.0 (kit car) with a LOSR2200 engine (Losi 454) and Spektrum S6030 and S6040 servo’s with a DX3C transmitter.

Idle: Initially, when I would apply the break, the engine would stall. I increased the idle throttle and enriched both LSN and HSN (did for break in), and this seemed to do the trick. Now, when I apply the brake, the engine’s rpm does drop but does not stall. Is this sufficient idle or should I increase the idle so that there is no difference when the brake is applied?

Wheel alignment: I have no toe in or out for the front but have read that some like a little toe out. I will not be racing – just running around for fun. Would toe out still be advisable?

After-run oil: they don’t seem to sell any specific after run oil here (I live in Dubai, United Arab Emirates). Is regular type oil good enough or is after-run oil specific for nitro engines?

Batteries: How long can I expect my rechargeable batteries to last? 5 tanks? 20 tanks? I’m running 6V 1400 mah NiMH.

Many thanks,

Tom

yes increase the idle, or adjust your idle arm so it is at close position when you at at neutral on the servo. prob best to do both.

not sure about toe...

after run oil. generally any kind of bearing oil should do the trick, or wd40 if u have nothing else. iv had problems starting my truck when using wd40...

my battery on the truck (revo) will last a good 5 runs. i havent actually had it flat too often as i generally charge it before i go out for a decent session of bashing...

controller batteries. since November iv charged mine once....

Let's face it, there's not a boy or a fair few girls who haven't either played with or wanted to play with a remote controlled car, boat or plane and what father hasn't been drawn to the model department when considering Christmas presents for their offspring? This site attempts to explain the ins and outs of building your own. From the tools you need to tips and techniques. http:// www.buildaremotecontrolcar.co.uk