a blast from the past

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bergoff

RCTalk Addict
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
So today I was talking to a guy today about rc and he had a lot of them. And he gave me a traxxas sledge hammer. This thing only has one scratch on it but its missing the rear rims. I can't decide what to do with it shelf it, sell it, or let my son play with it.

i remember when it first came out. i wanted one so bad. its a monster truck version of the hawk. and the funny thing is that my neighbor gave me a hawk last week. so i actually have 2.5 trucks with all of the spare parts. it has a mechanical speed controller ran off of a servo. that is strange to watch it all move. i took a set of hawk tires and installed them and drove it around. i was totally shocked that it worked.

Like bergoff, I wanted one bad when I was a kid. That thing is cherry, I'll second racers vote to shelve it. The one in the ad was always metallic blue, hot truck back in the day.

I had one when I was a kid. Very tough truck, though the electronics of the day didn't exactly stress it too much. It looks funny bouncing around with the springs on the body posts. Those things have metal skids and a metal motor mount, right?

That body is just perfect for a scaler.
Finally I have some members who will back me up when I suggest.....

......keep it on a shelf. :hehe::p:

Buy some takeoffs from a Clod and mod them to fit!!!!!!!!:hehe: