98% Ready

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
When and if, I make the gasket, I will post pics for you FastEddy.

Christian, the damage was superficial. The diff cup is still there...I think the combination of the suspension letting go and some flex on the A-arms at max travel distance allowed the dog-bone to come loose...will repair and run again...;)

I had a dogbone pop out on me once. After that I close the gap on the pillow balls and it hasnt happened since.

However, I bent the living daylights out of the one that popped out.

The pillow balls are about as closed as they are going to get and still allow free travel on the knuckle joint. I think the cvd coming loose had more to do with hyper flexion of the A-arms on the bulkhead. No matter how I move the A-arms without the shocks attached, I can't get enough room to pop the dogbone back in. I'm guessing the high speed and a little torque had alot to do with this.

No harm done (as far as I can tell). Will rebuild the shocks tonight, and reinstall the unbent cvd.

Just goes to show you...anything and everything can happen with these things...;)

Back