90,000 rpm

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

parris001

Gone - bye bye.
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
:hammer: Will someone help me dispute a goober I work with that claims he saw an R/C engine that was rated at 90,000 rpms? I've seen claims as high as 45,000 rpms but this dumba** is claiming twice that speed. Let's hear from ya'll......... give me your :2cents: worth

90,000 now this is unbelievable and can't be true simply for the fact that most 1:1 cars will only reach maybe 7-8 before redline so 90,000 would shatter some records and i sure we would have hear about it by now.

Its possible but I have never heard about it.
I'm sure if some engineers and machinists put their mind to it it could be done.
As for a production RC engine ..... NO.....

Thanks for clearing that up. That seemed a little far fetched.

How fast do the turbine jet engines turn for planes? Actually, I just googled the crap out of it and he may have been talking about RC turbine engines.

Check out this link: Specs
USAMT Home Page

In the specs, the engines range from 80,000 - 152,000. Hell, the idle range is 19,000 - 48,000.

Just a thought...

i knew that made like .91 for helis and planes but that for air those engines probably dont have any torque once they go through the whole drivetrain and stuff.

A little clarification would help.
Is this engine for an RC wheeled vehicle?
Is it a standard Nitro engine?
Is he talking about a turbine engine?

He simply told me he saw "an R/C car engine" (that's the way he stated it) that was rated at 90,000 rpms.

I think your right Olds a turbine turns fast as hell. I would say that if this guy was talking about a trubine engine then it would be true.

This guy is just one of those "me too" dorks. :loser: If you've got a 1/10 scale truck he has a 1/8 scale at home (that he won't run)........... If my RS4 car will run 50 mph then he has a Super Nitro that runs 70............. If I tell him about a advertisement I saw for a Picco that turns 45,000 rpms (half again faster that my engine) then he read about an engine that turns 90,000 rpms........... I don't know why I still talk to that a**hole

Last edited:
my neighbor is like that. he borrowed my Need For Speed and he knew he lost it but still told me it was in his room.

On the lighter side, I think my VZB did close to 90 once when it went WOT, and flung the foams out of the tires on my Lightning. Well, at least it sounded like it. It was a sound I never heard before, and hope to never hear again. WHeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Scary

That's a nice sound. Kinda scary while it's happening but after it's over (and nothing is broken) you think to yourself, man that was way cool

It gets the blood flowing. That's for sure.

wanna hear a screamim motor ,,go to slapmafro and look up the engine they hooked fuel to and set it on the ground just to hear iot blow,,,
watta sound lol

pretty cool to hear it rev that high

take care

slapmafro.com its really funny. it says "This engine deserves to die!" lol. go to that site and go to full video list and scroll down and you'll find it. its called "scream" because of the engine sound.

Last edited:
I think the engine would have blown long before it reached 90,000 RPM =) The tiny parts just can't handle that kind of pressure.