9.6 volt Reciever battery

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Suicide

Gone - bye bye.
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
Can i wire a 1300mAH battery into my reciever

That isn't a very good idea since anything higher than about 6v will fry the circuits in the receiver and/or servos.

But yes it could be done if you had a Futaba 'j' plug. Then you would put the wires in the right spots.

okay cause i have a 9.6 volt 1300mAH battery. does the mAh decrease when you decrease the cells in the battery. right now the battery has 8 cells

The higher the mAH, the longer they run. It's the voltage that will kill your receiver. 5 cell hump pack is what you need.

right i was hoping to make one can someone answer the question. does less cells kill the mAH rating i have a 8 cell 1300 pack and 5 cells would make 6.0 volts but what mAH . the cells look to be AA batteries

The mAh is the capacity of the battery and has nothing to do with voltage and doesn't have anything to do with cell count either. You need a five cell hump pack of any mAh.

cool so if i have 8 batteries at 1300 mAH they all have 1300 mAH

Right! Voltage is the number of cells times the voltage in one cell. Five 1.2 volt cells equals 6 volts. The mAh is the capacity (of a charge) a 6 volt pack can hold, and all the cells need to have the same mAh value to flow properly.

thanks il put the pack together tommorow

Only one thing: A receiver pack cell size (A) and a regular stick pack (sub C) use different cells.

Last edited: