7.2 volt servo

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LST3

RC Newbie
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
I was wondering if I could use a 7.2v battery pack in a gas car? Willl this work or will it burn up the servos? I got the idea because on electric cars isnt it 7.2v anyway? I have a few battery packs from my mini t that are small enough to fit in my LST2.

in an electric car, it's all controlled through the BEC (Battery eliminator circuit) where the motor gets its' voltage, the receiver gets it's proper voltage, and so do the servos.

I've seen 7.4 v LiPo RX batteries for sale on a few sites and I know a couple of the members here use them for their racing rigs. I would think it should work, but just aren't sure.

what servo's? I run the hitec TG's that were originally designed for robotics and they supposedly can take 12 volts. A 7.4 lipo pack is actually 8.2 at full charge. I also have one JR 8800S that has been taking unregulated lipo's fine. My HiTecs are the 5955TG and the 5996TG, personal transponder has been fine too. There's also 6 and 7 volt regulators available but, IMO, it's just one more thing that can end your day early

I am running the stock servos, it has JR 590s for the steeering and 270s for the throttle and reverse. I will see if I can contact JR too see what they say.

I would say probably not with those servo's. JR will tell you no regardless, they say no to the 8800's and 9000's. They say it shortens servo life but when you ask them exactly what is a gauranteed servo life they can not tell you. The servo's you have are analogs

Dont use 7.2 on those JR's. The RX can't take it,as I remember the RX(provided it the JR) wont do a true 6v....racking my brain here.....i'll have to look up exactly what I mean. BUT, the older JR RX's wont put out a true 6v if the battery is plugged into the battery slot....I believe.

I think the rx would be ok, it's spektrum right? But yeah the servo's won't take it