4tec or RS4?

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TOoSmOotH

RCTalk Qualifier
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
Thinking about getting a car to terrorize my neighbors with and was curious which way to go.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

personally I would go with the rs4. I have owned the 4 Tec and it's crap.

Theres many upgrades for the rs4
Never seen a 4tec do 100mph
Shafts are easier to change out than belts

Go with the Rs4

Yea you convinced me with the shafts.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Doesn't the ntc3 have plastic ring and pinion?

This is my RS4-3...

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TfInPbS7jp8"]HPI RS4-3 Race - YouTube[/ame]

The diff is some weird nylon or plastic of some sort.. most of the parts are cheap and its been in production so long... u can upgrade as much as u wanna spend. I've been replacing broken parts with titanium and carbon fiber for cheap as the plastic and steel.. depends on if its a rtr or t4 kit or what ur into.. I can't find any reason that I would get something different unless I went bigger

Last edited:
But no it has.. (mine has 2 aluminum pinion gears) 2 plastic spur gears.. I guess its plastic. Plastic's are pretty tough these days... I guess I thought I saw diff gear instead of pinion but I have no more trouble with either other than normal wear... or the one pole in the parking lot that seems to have a magnetic pull on my car