4S 4tec 2.0

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

More_Power

RCTalk Racer
Military Veteran
Reaction score
I’m trying to figure out this big build I’ve got going on. Carbon fiber chassis and suspension mounts, carbon fiber arms, exc. he wants big speed and torque. So I chose the VXL4S system. It should keep weight down, but should also provide the power. What I'm having a hard time with is pinion and spur gearing. And spiral cut front differential ring and pinion gears. I would prefer 32p gearing. But don’t want to sacrifice a support bearing for it.

I used a castle sidewinder4 and 5700 kv system in my 2wd slash on 3s and it was close to 70 plus mph on drag slicks. Gearing was 86 tooth spur and about 26 tooth pinion both are 48p hope this helps. I'm currently working on my 4-tec 2.0 as I find more ill let you know. I've only had it a week

I used the VXL6S power system on my 4x4 slash with 20/50 gearing.
With this one I’m trying to keep it as light as possible. 2,400 Kv should provide a lot of torque. And considering the overall system should be lighter than what the 4S came out of, my thinking is that I’ll be able to get away with more gearing. Thinking 35-37T pinion and 48T spur.It just sucks that there isn’t any upgraded center drive shaft or CVDs out there.

Back