4909 to 4908 conversion

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

drdoom405

RCTalk Champion
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
So i've slowly been converting my 4909 to a 4908 extended chassis. I'm getting ready to do the actual chassis plate swap and was wondering if anybody knows what new parts I'm going to need. I assume new chassis braces, body, and front driveshaft. Am I missing anything?

iam still a newbe ( 6 mo) to rc. i have a 4908, but i realy dont the differences you are talking about. but i have had trouble with the 3 mm button head screws and counter sunk screws, what it is, is that they are 2 mm sockets and a ball driver will strip it out. so dont use a ball driver on a 2 mm socket or replace them with the 3 mm screws that is a 2.5 mm socket that is what i did. when everything is 2.5 mm socket its much easyer. oh i just thought of somthing there may be a diff in the differentials. the shafts comming out the sides of the diff might be dif lenghts. if you get a hold of olds on this site he might know what you need to know.

Ya, I was wondering about the diff input too. The back should be a non-issue, as the dimensions are the same in the rear of the truck, it was extended in the front. Ill have to look over the schematics....

the trouble i had was i bought a spool for the rear. i got it from r/c planet, made by integy. it was to short. i e-mailed tom at r/c planet, ( [email protected] ), he told me that integy does a very bad job on information and getting part numbers right. so if you buy online be sure to ask questions about the part numbers. its best to buy from a local hobby shop that knows what they are doing.

My conversion is moving along nicely..

So far the parts I've found that are different are:

Body
Chassis (obviously)
Chassis Braces
Both Driveshafts
Brake Disc

So thanks to ebay its been a pretty cheap upgrade. I've got entire truck apart right now ready to go back together. Just waiting on a couple parts from my LHS. Also taking this opportunity to cut a hole in the chassis for a duel steering servo...

Back