40s or no 40s?

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CharliesTheMan

Gone - bye bye.
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Racing
I'm getting ready to get some rims for my Savage X SS, and I'm trying to decide if I want to go with 40s or not. I like the look of regular width wheels, but I'm thinking that the 40s must perform well because so many people like them. As fr as handling and stuff, what are the advantages with 40 width wheels compared to regular wheels?

are you getting them for a track or bashing?

they will make the rig handle alot tighter....your turns will be more precise but the rims will not take as much abuse as standard rims....less tire to cushion shock from crashing.....I have a set of bowties for sale on 40s if you're looking for track stuff, great condition....but if you are bashing stick to stock size wheels....

Well I'm going to be building a home track. I won't be attending races with this truck, just running it around the house. I wont be doing any crazy jumps or anything just running it around my house and on the home track. I'll be mostly on dirt and grass, and I've been looking at the Big Joe's. Are these pretty good tires?

I have Big Joe's on beat locks....I like them a lot.....kinda heavy though because of the rims

Yea i'm really wanting to find a nice rim that doesn't way like 70 pounds. All the rims that I like are aluminum and I know they're heavy. I'm just going to stick with my dirt bonz tires for now.

Back