3D Printed Cooler

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Nice work!
Thank you, I need to paint the caps black on them, just never got around to it.

Another picture that shows some of the "weathering" on the bumper and gas cans. I think I'm going to pick up some dark brown filament for my next bumper print so that when they weather it gives it a kind of rusted look.

PXL_20230104_030712005.jpg
PXL_20221026_042738279.jpg

Use light coats of Rustoleumgloss white. Shoot it at a little cooler temp than normal and let it dry slowly and it will fill in some of the layer lines.

These guys were shot in Rusto gloss red, no prep other than cleaning up a couple of strings. I also like to print in a different color and paint it because I like how it weathers.

View attachment 157925
I think I have the same paint but apple red

It works pretty well to shoot it cool and give time between coats. Allows the paint to self level a little.
Ok also printed that one that you used came out great at 45mms 3 hours 35 minutes this one’s actually the right size not 1:18 scale also took the dimensions of it and made my own thats free to use for anything that one’s still printing

5228859C-6325-45E4-934C-3649B2C542EF.jpeg

Ok also printed that one that you used came out great at 45mms 3 hours 35 minutes this one’s actually the right size not 1:18 scale also took the dimensions of it and made my own thats free to use for anything that one’s still printing

View attachment 157932

Personally, I don't try to print the stuff like that in a specific color because most of it looks better painted to me. Gives it a smoother look.

These are all products I work with building real trucks though which is part of the reason I run more sprung weight than most people. I'm like a halfway scaler, I don't mind running a body that doesn't exist in the real world but I want the movement to be correct.

Back