3.3 stampede gearing

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Traxxasnewbie

RCTalk Member
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Racing
What are the options for gearing on a stampede with the 3.3 engine i got this truck running and broke in,but i had to use the clutch off of the pro.15because the gears wouldnt mesh right using. The larger clutch bell from a 2.5/3
.3 what spur gear will fit on the diff of the stampede where u can use the larger clutch from another traxxas model? Also what would be a good ratio for this combo? Any other needed upgrades that i would need to consider let me l know thanks for all your help in advance.:)

what was your issue with gear mesh???
i dropped a 3.3 in my stampede using standard spur/cb .the only other parts i needed was the .15-2.5 kit and i used a header and pipe from a jato

No issue with the pro.15 gears just didnt know if the smaller clutch setup from the. 15 would hold up i tried one that was larger that was on a 2.5 and the gear pitch wasn't the same that what i meant when i was talking about mesh.

i think the .15 clutch itself is different,i used the standard 3.3 flywheel a #4147x clutch and just used the stampede cb
i havent eyeballed a stampede cb against say a t maxx cb but they should be the same the nitro truck with a different pitch is a revo

The Stampede uses the same pitch clutch bell/spur as all TMaxx models, 32 pitch/Mod.8
The only difference in the .15 engine and the 2.5/3.3 engine clutch setup would be the clutch nut adaptor used with the .15 engine, everything else is a direct swap.

I believe the clutch bell bearing size is different between the two.

Back