3.3 front bearing & rebuild

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
No problem. The stock collet should work fine, and is usually a better choice than the one that comes with other brands.

Thats ok then, thanks for that. Saves chasing up another part.
Now I just have to order a few good CB bearings & wait for it all to arrive. Was going to get ceramic bearings but think I will just get a few steel bearings for now & have some spares as my brothers Revo will probably need a fresh set soon anyway.
Then to start getting it set up a bit to handle better, thicker oil in diffs & trans & some thicker stuff for the shocks as well. The parts list is going to grow I think,lol

Should I get rubber sealed or metal shielded bearings for the clutch bell, I was looking at metal shield bearings but thought I might see what others think is the better option, would the rubber seals malfunction because of the heat or would they be ok & better as they keep more crap out.
Also, would I be better to change the clutch bell to a 15t, atm I have the standard 14/38 gearing, but would that be to low considering the engine has more power than the 3.3. I still want good acceleration & want it to be able to do wheelstands but don't just want stupid amounts of wheelspin & no top end.

Wouldn't hurt to go up one cb tooth. I would go with an inexpensive metal shielded bearing, since most types will give you the same results.

I found a pack of 10 "Answer RC" clutch bell bearings for a cheap price on ebay, they have 1 rubber seal & 1 metal shield so might just get them, although they are the 5x10x4 to suit the 14t clutch bell. Will have a look for a 15t CB & bearings to suit as I think they take the 5x11x4 sized bearings.