3.3 engine problems please help!!new to rc

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tpapendick

RCTalk Member
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
I just bought a used traxxas slayer.I drove it one time and broke the throttle servo(wire came unhooked) I fixed it then the engine wouldnt start.it seems harrder to roll over too.I'm am new to this.so I dont have any idea what the problem could be.I've had this slayer for 3 days and its the only rc I've ever owned.please help

It could be alot of things, so you'll have to try and narrow it down for us. Is it an ez start or pullstart? Battery charged or dead?

I have a pull start.the battery is charged but I don't know how well its charged.the guy i bought it from forgot to give me the charger with it.but when its on the throttle works and it turns the wheels so I know there is some juice.sometimes when I try to start it it will run for a couple seconds but will die before I even let the pull start back down

Also thanks for the reply I'm really lost on this

Also thanks for the reply I'm really lost on this

it seems harrder to roll over too.
That could mean it's flooded. The engine has raw fuel in it which doesn't compress when you pull the starter. Try taking the plug out, flip the truck upside down as much as you can and pull the starter quickly a couple times to blow out the fuel in the engine. Don't loose the copper washer on the glow plug.

Put the plug in the heater to make sure it's glowing red, put the plug back in the engine and try starting it.

You will find that holding the throttle open a bit while starting makes them easier to start. They aren't like current 1:1 cars. A little throttle while starting helps get them to start up easier. "pumping" the throttle does nothing. I only say that because I've seen newbies do it. You have to hold the throttle open a bit while pulling the cord.