3.3 crankcase and bearings swap

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Blu_boost

RCTalk Basher
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
I have a Tmaxx that i got used. Tore it down... chassis needed repairs, so I purchased some bulkheads and ss screw set. I went through truck to test for air leaks and the front bearing has a blowing bubble leak... Also missing oring on pull start.. but no leak from there. I purchased a new 3.3 crankcase w/bearings on ebay and I'm wondering whether i can swap old 3.3 internals to new crankcase and bearings. I've heard that it causes more wear on p&s because it doesn't line up quite rite.
I havent actually road test it to tune it but kinda ran it and had high idle tune.. havent tuned it yet so it could be a tunable air-leak?

I never heard that... I have had the internals out of my 2.5R into 4 different crankcases and haven't noticed anything because of it. I've heard you shouldn't put a piston from one engine into another without the sleeve following though. That makes more sense.

Yeah, sweet I was hoping it wouldn't be a problem. Your probably rite I just misunderstood the concept. Noobn:D
Thanks for the help!

SON OF A BITCH!!!!! I just replaced my engine because my case was cracked.
I new you could replace the internals.... I had no idea you could get a new CASE!!!

Well I held onto the blown engine, so looks like I need to buy a new case now LOL.

I have a set of ceramic bearings laying around also, so I guess i will slap them in while I have it apart.

BTW why did you need to replace your crankcase 4 times?????????? What are you doing to the poor thing? I would think that you would have worn out the internals by now.

Last edited:
BTW why did you need to replace your crankcase 4 times?????????? What are you doing to the poor thing? I would think that you would have worn out the internals by now.
https://www.rcnitrotalk.com/forum/showthread.php?t=75027&highlight=bad+day

Just bashing. The internals probably have just over a gallon on them... Pulled the engine though and threw it in a slayer roller I picked up this season. Which I'm now converting to a revo... then will put my 18TM in it. Then will put the engine back in the jato, so I'll have two small block trucks to zip around with.

Thats the same damn place mine cracked. Guess its the weak point.

I have a roll cage now, havent had an issue with engine head grinding across the pavement for a while