.26 Max mounting...

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

m00nst0ne69

RCTalk Champion
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Racing
I got the .26 max and the OFNA mount. There isn't adjustability for adding new gear combinations but I read about Dremeling the holes allowing for more adjustability options.

What I was wondering is if you have to grind the two pieces the mount bolts to also? It seems to be molded to fit the rounded bottom of the TRX motors. The Pico has more of a square shape. Will grinding them make them weaker? I not only want the motor able to fit but to stay in place once it's there.

I really don't recommend dremeling a motor mount. You are liable to drastically weaken it.

I agree. That is why I wonder how people get their max's to fit and be adjustable.

Is this on the revo or the t-maxx? The maxx has a flat pan chassis, so the engine mounts to slotted holes on the chassis. If you have a engine mount that goes to the max on both sets of holes, you can just dremel the chassis a bit.

On the revo however, it's built with more of a cradle. You would have to lengthen the outside cradle mount hole.
2009-0307-RevoOfnaEngineMount.jpg

Seems somewhat stupid that OFNA did that!

I guess what you could try is figure out that ratio of CB:SPUR teeth and get different CB and SPUR that will fit to give you something closer to the ratio your looking for, but retain the same gear lash as stock, if that's what OFNA's is intended for.

I have no idea how to figure that out... not without buying spurs/cb's that "might" work. 15/38 is stock, so maybe a 16/36 might fit?

I ended up buying the New Era Mount for My Picco Max.....Thats POS OFna mount can't change the gear's

I am thinking of going with the new era mount. I am just nervous about the cradling.

Attachments

• mount.jpg
    mount.jpg
    8.4 KB · Views: 82
NewEra just came out with a new conversion... part number REV111V2... it is the new generation big block conversion.. any motor with any pullstart will fit. it has the most adjustability out there.. and you will never need another mount if you happen to swith engines down the road.. it cost 50 dollars and trust me it is the last one youll ever need...make sure its the new one though ..

Back