21 Acceleration

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I want to know who didnt split the shoes hehehehe.....

me..i was new to nitro,got the MIP two setting clutch,and RRP flywheel with my new cvrx.
what threw me was the previous night a guy with a new mill said it took 3 tanks of fuel before it moved along .i did one tank and when i put the second in, i thought this can`t be wright,so i went back home and blew the spur with an airline,it caused the maxx to jolt foward so i knew it was the clutch,took it off again and split it in two.
coming from having a e-maxx,as my only previous rc,and only for3 months i`d say fair mistake,considering the rubbish that is posted on there on the traxxas forum.

Originally posted by SkyMaxx
There is no such thing as a useless option...all options should be explored until the solution presents itself. I think that El is just trying to kill his truck...first a lamp post, now the motor, what next? :D :p
For the record, it was not a lamp post it was the standard US Gov issue standing floor fan's mounting pole!

Originally posted by Easy-MAXX
me..i was new to nitro,got the MIP two setting clutch,and RRP flywheel with my new cvrx.

Hahaha, tell the truth easy, that was only like a few weeks ago.....:p

7th Apr....19 weeks ago,after using a t-maxx twice before.

I had never used a t-maxx before I bought mine. If memory serves never had a rolling rc, plenty of gas powered boats but nothing rolling.

so we both do well then,the others are just jelouse of how fast we picked things up;)

I wouldn't go as far as saying jealous...I mean I am envious of the parts lockers you have Easy, but how could I be jealous of a couple of guys who inadvertantly destroy their Ts. If you aimed to total it, then cool, but accidently running into a pole (especially one so small)...c'mon! :D

Originally posted by SkyMaxx
I wouldn't go as far as saying jealous...I mean I am envious of the parts lockers you have Easy, but how could I be jealous of a couple of guys who inadvertantly destroy their Ts. If you aimed to total it, then cool, but accidently running into a pole (especially one so small)...c'mon! :D
Bang you got me. You want the dagger back you stuck into my back?

Did I hit a nerve? Naaaah, you keep the dagger...call it a souvenir.

Wow, that has to be the first time I didn't get some biting comment fired back...marking my calendar...:D

So did you find what the problem was after all????

El Pirata also check that the grub screw holding your gear change clutch in place next to the shift point adjustment screw.i have known this to work loose and cause the gears to slip on the shaft.

Not at all. It seems like the transmission is slipping at times and others it seems like the engine sill not rev high enough.

The spur gear is more than tight enough and the clutch was rebuilt last night and roughed up to give the max friction possible.

I'll probably bring it into my lhs tomorrow while I am there racing the mini 4wd cars with my daughter.

Are you runnin 12 pegs instead of 6 with your 21 El pirata.

Now i'm stumped too,12 pegs is correct for a 21.

Back