2017 Proline body on Tekno MT410.3 Kit build

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CharlieTuna

RCTalk Talkaholic
Military Veteran
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
Hey everybody...
Looking for some help please. First time to do this. I have the Tekno MT410.3 kit (I haven't unboxed it yet). I bought the Proline 2017 Raptor body for it. What I need help with is: Will this fit on the stock body mounts and sit at the right height? Will I need to buy body mount extensions for it? If I need extensions, who has the right ones to use for this MT410.3 truck? Is there anything else I need to buy for mounting this body? I have a punch, body reamer and rc tools. Anyone that has experience or knowledge about this set-up I would really appreciate your input.
Thanks alot
CharlieTuna

Hey CharlieTuna. Nice kit. Trick body.

P-L compatibility spec lists it as a fit for the MT410. This would lead one to think it will adapt to the mounting posts o.k. Wheelbase checks out o.k. Height and clearance will, of course, depend on the wheel and tire set you select. Looking at the kit pictures, it appears the body posts are adjustable for height. That's a plus. Really enough variables that it's hard to say until the kit is built and the roller is complete.

Hope this helps. Good luck. You beginning a project build here? Regards. 'AC'

Last edited:
Hey CharlieTuna. Nice kit. Trick body. Did you get the clear or black body? Clear is easier to fit; black looks cool.

P-L compatibility spec lists it as a fit for the MT410. This would lead one to think it will adapt to the mounting posts o.k. Wheelbase checks out o.k. Height and clearance will, of course, depend on the wheel and tire set you select. Looking at the kit pictures, it appears the body posts are adjustable for height. That's a plus. Really enough variables that it's hard to say until the kit is built and the roller is complete.

Hey ahr43...
Thanks for the reply and yes this helps. I ordered the clear body as I plan on trying my hand at painting it. Yeah, I'm encouraged by your comments as the less changes/mods I have to make the better. This is my first kit build and really looking forward to it. I have all the stuff together; motor, esc, servo, receiver, tires (backflip 4s) and all the grease and oil. I've got about an hour left to do on my Mojave EXB roller then I can start on the MT410.3. I'll be looking into posting a build thread. Thanks again buddy.
CharlieTuna
Hey CharlieTuna. Nice kit. Trick body.

Hey ahr43...
Here's what is going in the Tekno build:

Attachments

• 20221004_155949.jpg
    20221004_155949.jpg
    300.1 KB · Views: 43
Last edited:
Thanks Charlie. Happy I can help in some small way. Backflip 4s looks like a good choice for the package you're putting together. 3.8in wheel and 3.03in wide tire should not cause body clearance problems using stock body posts. There are workarounds for body posts, though, if need be. Be following your build thread with interest. Cheers. 'AC'

Greetings CharlieTuna. The October 2022 issue of Radio Control Car Action (aka RCCA) features a Tekno MT410 build in its Reader's Rides. Called "The Crusher" and built by Edward SCHILKE, Port Angeles, Washington. Looks and reads similar to what you envision your build. Check it out if you have access to RCCA online or local bookstore shelf. Hope this helps. Cheers. 'AC'

Greetings CharlieTuna. The October 2022 issue of Radio Control Car Action (aka RCCA) features a Tekno MT410 build in its Reader's Rides. Called "The Crusher" and built by Edward SCHILKE, Port Angeles, Washington. Looks and reads similar to what you envision your build. Check it out if you have access to RCCA online or local bookstore shelf. Hope this helps. Cheers. 'AC'
Thank you, sir. I'll look for it.

Back