2014 Savage xl stiffer springs from stock

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

scootr

RCTalk Basher
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
Hey peeps.
The 2014 has the big bore shocks made up of two springs. I believe this makes for a dual rate set up.
My question is which hpi or other brand spring make for a stiffer set up. Closer to like what the raven springs do for the t maxx.

I think those are for the smaller 8 shock set-up. Just a note.

I'm unsure what your question is but if you are looking for a set of 14mm firm springs for your Savage those Hellfire ones are pretty firm. The "small bore" shocks are 12mm so you can''t work with those but I spring balanced with 14, 15, 16, AND 17mm springs. Of course I have to adjust the collars and cups. accordingly,. The "dual rate" setup for the Savage is a gimmick IMO. I've yet to notice a single performance increase but HAVE endured points of failure using them. Simillar to their "stainless steel brake disks'" they are more of a liability than anything in my experience. I wish HPI focused on additional pistons and springs vs those gimmicks, ;-(

With that said what are you wanting to accomplish with the firmer springs? I've battled through the limitations as it pertains through the Savage's suspension setup so who knows I might could help...or at least relay my experience with them.

This is an old thread, but I used the HPI hellfire white springs to stiffen my 4 shock big bore savage-x up.
http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin/WTI0001P?I=LXLZP6&P=8

HPIC2550 86550 Shock Spring 10.5 Coil Silver (soft)
HPIC8651 86551 Shock Spring 14.5 Coil Pink (medium soft)
HPIC8653 86553 Shock Spring 12.5 Coil White (medium)
HPIC2554 86554 Shock Spring Yellow (firm)
HPIC8655 86555 Shock Spring 10.5 Coil Red (firmest)

Another site that carries them:
http://www.rcplanet.com/?category=1...]&numerics_refinements={}&index_name="all_en"