2 to 4 wheel drive

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Daniel C

RCTalk Champion
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Racing
  3. Crawling
  4. Scale Builder
I am building a rock crawler for me but it also needs to be fast for my kid. Everything has to go fast to be interesting for him. Well the question is is there a part that will switch from 2 to 4 wheel drive. I am building a 2 speed transmission but to be able to do the best cookies and positive traction front and back it would be easier at high speeds in 2 wheel drive for turning or even sharper turns at low speed. Amazon don't have stuff like that and I don't have a rc shop or site I use to. Any one know of a place to buy on one or if someone out there that mabey has made one and would care to share there ideas would be cool. Thanks everybody

Last edited:
The best way is the Axial scx10/ax10 tranny with a dig unit, but if you dont install all the parts the dig goes from 4wd to rwd.

Since you have a two speed, the best way is to use 2 male drive shafts with a female slide bar. A screw between the males to hold them, the female slide bar will use collars so it can spin yet the servo can move it.

Ill try to find a link or article on the second.