2 RC Engine problems and fuel presuring

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

chris3388

RC Newbie
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
Hello Guys!

My names Chris, I have a few problems recently.

1. I just got into nitro cars. I got a rc on-road .16 and it won't start its primed fully it normaly starts after 2-3 pulls. Now it won't even kick in. Any ideas?

2. The second problem is a bigger one my friend got a second hand nitro rc on-road car it starts and there is a priming button you can press to pump the fuel in. but to keep the car running we need to keep pushing the manual priming button every 2 seconds and faster when we higher the revvs, I was wondering why itsn not presurising automatically both pipes are attached properly.

I would really appreciate some help thanks guys!

Best Regards,
Chris.

Check your fuel line and replace them if needed. Sounds like you may have a pressure leak there or at your tank itself. You can also try pushing down on the fuel tank lid. Sometimes the O-Rings swell and don't make a good enough seal.

As far as your onroad....is it flooded? Pull out the plug completely and pull the cord 5 or 6 times while it's upside down to clear it out. If that doesn't fix you up...try a new plug or make sure your ignitor is charged enough to make the plug glow bright.

Thanks for you reply, I'm going to try this out in the morning.

No problem man. Report back and we can go from there. Are you new to Nitro?

Yes I am :D Just got it I also got a .21 engine supposingly broken but I don't see to much damage and it does freely spin.

Back