2 engine mount arms busted in one day!

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Willthethrill

RCTalk Champion
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
i busted 2 arms off of my engine mount in one day. i was jumping my truck off of a 5ft high skatejump that was lifted. has this happened to anyone else?? this pisses me off that both broke and I'm broke so i can't play!!
3798PICT0057.jpg

I broke mine when I hit a tree at WOT... radio issues.

I bought a new one from NewEra I beleive. Was way beefier and wasn't made of cast al. I'm pretty sure it's milled which makes it stronger. You might want to give it a try. I used traxxas's al mount and stripped two of the bolt holes putting it on. POS if you ask me.

Here's a link for the New Era one when you get some $:
http://www.neweramodels.com/cgi-bin...wckegddpcbhcfbgddushgfadvmwivbam&part_id=1414

I am trying to make a complaint to traxxas so they might send me a replacement part. Cause, um, I'm BROKE.
It sucks to be a 14yr old w/out a job that is into r/c!

ya i broke one of my arms the otherday after like 10 end over end cart wheels at WOT luckily thats all i broke now I'm just waitin for my new one to come in the mail i got one made from billet Al hopfully itll hold up

My friend byran had it happen to him but it takes some hard crashes to do it.......Nick

Damn dude. I've broken most everything on the Maxx BUT the engine mount (LOL). If traxxas doesn't take care of ya, hit me up and I'll give ya good deal on the stock engine mount.

Peace

El Pirata - Lol dude. You've got me beat but not by much.

If your gonna spend the money WIll, get a superior engine mount as it's obvious that the stock one isn't strong enough for ya.

they didnt give me the part, they just told me to buy a new one. The Bastards...
how much for the stock one, 2$, or free!
Just tell me if you can send it to me, it should be like 60c for shipping.
and where do u live, i live in wisconsin.

and pirate, i have had worse than you fro repairs.
on a ST!!!
i have a nitro rush, that all in one day, the wrist pin broke, which caused my whole engine block to get chocked full of metal because the piston tore into the sleeve, the chassis bent into maybe a 40 degree angle, my steering servo broke, and i broke 3 a arms. my truck lost signal at full throttle and bashed into a brick wall. Sounds like fun! doesn't it??:bling: :bling:

oh and i tore my tranny gears.

Originally posted by Willthethrill
they didnt give me the part, they just told me to buy a new one. The Bastards...
how much for the stock one, 2$, or free!
Just tell me if you can send it to me, it should be like 60c for shipping.
I think you can see from my previous post where to get one.

The stock Traxxas cast aluminum mount is a pos, I replaced them in my Ts with billet aluminum mounts and have not had a single problem with them since.

Originally posted by NCNitro
The stock Traxxas cast aluminum mount is a pos, I replaced them in my Ts with billet aluminum mounts and have not had a single problem with them since.

Yeah, That engine mount is apparently made from the same cast crap as the engine block. It's plenty strong and has good properties for the block but it's not cutting the mustard for an engine mount. I run the Dace mfg. "vented" mount on one of my 2.5's and it's strong, lightweight and looks pimp. I have the blue Traxxass engine mount on a Sirio .18 but I didn't run it long enough to comment on anything

Will - Lol dude, I'll send it to ya for free but please return the Karma to me or somone when you get the chance. PM with an addy to send it to.

thanx i sent the pm. check your inbox
Ill be sure to return the karma