2.4ghz failsafe

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

joshman1204

RCTalk Addict
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
I thought the traxxas 2.4 receivers had built in low voltage failsafes ... I was WRONG!

My basher revo hung wide open on me and ran about 1/2 mile into the side of a huge dirt hill. It was stuck wide open for almost a full minute before I got to it. Brought it home changed receiver packs and it seems to be running fine much to my surprise.

So what failsafe should I be running since the traxxas one is either none existent or sucks?

Well that sucks, it says it has a low voltage fialsafe on the web page.
Whether or not it works is something else.:ponder2:
In the event of signal loss due to an accidental switch-off or depleted batteries, the receiver will automatically return the throttle to neutral and
hold the last commanded steering position. The Fail Safe programming is built-in and does not need to be set or activated.

At least nothing was damaged, maybe try turning off the TX if it happens again to try to kick the failsafe into working?

Definitely get a throttle return spring for it.

I don't think you can use a plugin failsafe with the traxxas 2.4 since it has a built in failsafe i've tryed on mine and the add on failsafe just flashed like it was active. you may check the controller settings I think there is a parameter to adjust it.

with traxxas , the low voltage failsafe is the optidrive ...it you remove the optidrive , you will just have failsafe in case of signal loss ...you need to put in another failsafe ...or youll end up with a runaway rig if your battery goes to low ...i had to learn it the same way you did ....lol.

and a throttle return spring is a must on any nitro rig

i think I'm using a dynamite failsafe on my revo

Back