1st nitro.. Losi 8ight vs tmaxx vs rustler Nitro

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Enjoy the 8ight! Did it come with a transponder so you can bring it to the track?
Thanks!! It was $150 less out the door so I just meant I can buy a transponder or something else I need/want w that $$.

Thanks for the replies and suggestions. I ended up almost buying a Revo 3.3 but It just felt so expensive after shipping and taxes. This forum eased my mind about Losi cancelling the 8ight T so I bought the Losi for around $150 less. There’s a mylaps transponder I need right there.
I read here that there was a difference between Team Losi Racing (TLR) and Losi. That the Losi vehicles aren’t constantly being replaced like the TLR vehicles.
I may still pick up that revo 3.3 down the road if I fall in love with nitro. That thing looks incredible.
That Losi is great, if you take your time to run it in and look after the basics you'll have a really reliable car to play with, they are super tough and easy to work on. Congrats!

That Losi is great, if you take your time to run it in and look after the basics you'll have a really reliable car to play with, they are super tough and easy to work on. Congrats!
What should I order for break in fuel? Nitrotane?

man I really wouldn’t mind having a tmaxx again. Really miss mine I had as a teenager. That or a revo, I’d rock out both of them.
What should I order for break in fuel? Nitrotane?
look into bones brew. I use it, it’s awesome. They have a special break in fuel people swear by as well. I’ve never used it so I can’t comment on it, but I’ve used bones 20 % nitro with 12 oil for break in, and also 30% nitro 10% oil and it’s been excellent. That being said, Nitrotane is apparently a really high quality fuel that is actually made for losi, by Vp fuels. It’s expensive though. Bones brew also contains VP fuel nitro and methanol but they use a proprietary oil package. Either way, nitrotane is good but you can save a bit of money by going with Bones brew if you are located in the USA.

Last edited:
I just bought 3 gallons of Bones brew ,I'm happy with it ,Nitrotane is good stuff though ,ran it before!...:thumbs-up:
Good stuff man it’s great fuel, just picked up 3 quarts at my local hobby shop yesterday.

Yea ,if you went with ordering Bones brew ,you can mix match your order an have them replace a normal
quart of fuel with some break-in fuel!...:thumbs-up:

Back