1st bashing session of the year

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bkyd Basher

RCTalk Addict
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Racing
So today we woke the beasts. And what a terrible outting it twas. So i got up this nice and warm morning, and built a cool jump. Did a jump table top and off ramp. Well the ramps were a little steep,which is not a big deal to fix later. BUT on to the trucks.Other than fighting with uncharged batterys both glow plug ignitor and ez start battery that got magically unplugged overnite, the tmaxx carb starts filling with fuel flooding the hell out of it and the carb slide was catching on something which i assume was a piece of dirt somehow. Well after chargeing the batterys enough and messing with it finally got it starting good and tune descent. Now to my revo, first it was airlocked somehow, then the batterys were still not charged i swapped to the pull start and waited for the glow plug ignitor to charge. So finally get that running after a bunch of hassles, do one or two jumps and broke the plastic end on the rocker pushrod to the a arm and ripped a hole in the muffler coupler. Just wasn't a great day but oh well you will have that i guess. Sorry just a lil annoyed and needed to vent.:(

I had pretty good luck with mine today, took the MERV and the 5B out today and went thru about 4 packs and a tank on the Baja, I'm glad we are getting some warm weather to finally get out and run these thing without freezing our Gibbys off, Look on the bright side, you got to smell nitro for the first time in a while.

ya smell it, taste it, maybe even a lil in the eye. Biggest thing is it was my buddys first real experiance with and nitro r/c and didnt want it to go like that for the first time. But the mood sure changed when we were both running, for all of 10 minutes for me. Glow plugs in, glow plugs out, flooded then unflood it. Just gettin the winter flu out of it i guess.

what would u call the rods from the suspension rockers the the a arms and what is the heaviest duty one i can get? It was not a huge jump but it pulled the threads right out of the plastic ends? I was lookin the the annodized alumminum ones but says something about 2 spacers with running the progg 2's. Ny part numbers for them?

Last edited:
yeh i love taking mine out. seems to always have some little problem or notice something starting to wear out. so i have a white board in my room which i just not down all my parts i need and then place a nice big order about once a month and get everything back to new again :D

but even with all the little problems i love having it and driving it and tinkering/working on it :)

my latest little add on which will stop the exhaust from getting bent and smashed in. also protect the motor some more and strengthen the ass end. btw that photo is before i had it mounted properly. ill see if i can find some final pics
95d82478.jpg

eb5588d5.jpg

---------- Post added at 6:14 PM ---------- Previous post was at 6:08 PM ----------

88b2b243.jpg

5fc56f42.jpg

01e8017d.jpg

what would u call the rods from the suspension rockers the the a arms and what is the heaviest duty one i can get? It was not a huge jump but it pulled the threads right out of the plastic ends? I was lookin the the annodized alumminum ones but says something about 2 spacers with running the progg 2's. Ny part numbers for them?

i call them push rods, they offer a titanium one for the mini revo but I'm not sure on a 1/10 scale.

Luckily that few minutes is usually enough to lure in a newbie :)

Lets just say the mood changed fast, Frown went upside down, Now ready to make an order from our first session bkoke ,loose, or is about to crap out. Tryin to be more preparred as well. I took over my old big tacklebox ans turned it into a sick Pit box. Will have some picks soon. Just lacking one thing for it rcnitrotalk stickers for it.

---------- Post added at 9:01 PM ---------- Previous post was at 8:48 PM ----------

i call them push rods, they offer a titanium one for the mini revo but I'm not sure on a 1/10 scale.

are they the same as the traxxas aluminum toe links?

Back