1974 Ford Falcon Last V8 Mad Max Interceptor

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Heisenburg

RCTalk Addict
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Racing
  2. Crawling
  3. Scale Builder
  4. Boating
It's the duck's guts, 600 horses through the rear wheels, sh-she sucks n-nitro. He's in a coma, there! (As the Weiand supercharger zings and snarls) How did you put all this together? A p-ppiece from hea, a ppiece from there. C'mon, Max, you've seen it, you've heard it and you're still asking questions? When do we go for a ride! Eyheahaa!
I decided to answer that question, rather on a dare. I got the closest body form I could, the Proline Desert Eagle Falcon. This kit was originally designed to replicate the 2015 Mad Max sequel "Fury Road", but I wanted the original. I order the body, then soon after, saw the dimensions. More of a short course size I noticed, but it was too late to change my mind. The body arrived and I fit it to my Rustler. Ok, it sits like a parade float, no problem, so I detailed, painted and made light fixtures. The exhaust had a then record of 8 fire lights, to fire up each rear pipe by the rear quarters. The head light boxes were a simple carve and fit, likewise, the tail lites. Now the challenge. The nose was all wrong, the scoop was too oval, and there was no rear hatch. I went to work, carving out a new grille from spare lexan, cutting out the low vents and painted in the yellow headlamp stone guards. The scoop I made more of a pointed snorkel. Traced the MFP logos onto the front fenders, and drew M-F-P letters for the rear plate, basic black for the body, silver for the motor. I added in the head, front markers, tail, and rear signal lights, most utilized as flashing/blinking lites as police equipment. Didn't forget the revolving blue beacon in the left side passenger compartment. As always, all decals are glued from the inside.
Now for the test drive. Had to jack up my spring to almost no bounce to keep the nose off the ground, forget about wheelies, the landing is bad. A bumper guard was installed to give it a frictional surface in case of the ground coming up. No one has recognized it on the street correctly, but it gets everyone's attention, like a puppy they just have to pet. So look out Toe Cutter, Bubba, Johnny the Boy, and Night Rider! This car has a score to settle with you.
Max.jpg

"In the roar of an engine, he lost everything. And became a shell of a man, a burnt-out, desolate man, a man haunted by the demons of his past, a man who wandered out into the wasteland. And it was here, in this blighted place, that he learned to live again..." "

My boy saw that body and said it's the Mad Max car we got to have it. It actually fit my Armma Senton pretty well. BTW one of the best movie cars EVER!!!!
IMG_0831.jpg

Shame to blow it up. Cried like bambi when they did. He was a man of his word who kept his vehicle, and that is what caused this. What did he expect, trying to zoom off alone? Of course he would become a crater a half mile from the camp. Relax, partner. He should have just accepted the offer to drive that tanker. Getting mad now. Got to let it rest.

My boy saw that body and said it's the Mad Max car we got to have it. It actually fit my Armma Senton pretty well. BTW one of the best movie cars EVER!!!!
View attachment 118958
That’s gotta be the best Arrma Senton i’ve seen. I never thought much of the Senton until now??

That is hawt! I hit the LIKE button 7067 times. Thank god it was an odd number, because I found out you can only LIKE once, every other push is an unlike.

Back