17mm hex rims gone?

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

frickenjoey

Official RCNT Cyber-Bully
Supporter
Active Military
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Racing
Am I the only one that is having a semi-difficult time finding any decent 40 series rims with a 17mm hex? Seems all I can find are the beadlocks which I don't want. Are 17mm hex rims gone with the Dodo bird? All I am seeing is the 23mm and 14mm hex rims for the most part. Am I behind the times? :\ How many of you out there are running 23mm hexes?

haha me too because i want the 40 series bow ties and i can't find the freakin 40 series dish wheels which they use to have but only in 14mm.. guess one day down the road ill get pro-line 23mm hexes maybe??

I've been bidding randomly on ebay for 17mm revo summit or e-revo wheels tires just to use for bashing. I converted both my savage and aftershock to 17mm hex not too long ago due to stripping hex's last season (pesky LRP...). I have probably 6-7 full sets of various tires on 14mm rims... all in great condition. Kind of sucks.

Will have to keep an eye out for typical 17mm 40 series rims though.

I have always been 17mm on the Savage (because of the LRP). I am wanting some 40 series Bowtie to put on it and the Maxx but I'll be damned if I can find any 40 rims that I like for a decent price that aren't:censored: beadlock. I am tired of heavy rims. I saw that Integy (spits) make tires now, they "look" decent but I am afraid of the quality.

Back