.15 tmaxx is it worth a 100 bucks

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

vmswimfan21

RCTalk Qualifier
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Racing
go a chance to buy a .15 tmaxx for 100 bucks. big catch is needs some Suspension parts and it comes with 2 motors a Phantom FR15 and a trx 15 but he says there stuck think its worth a shot? I have a 3.3 i could put in it or try to get the other 2 running and make a 2 engine .15 just for fun.

I would say not a chance. With the 3.3 you would have to convert it from the .15 set-up. For that old of a truck I say not worth it Especially since it needs work.

yea thats a great deal. especially for only a 100 bucks.

I'd say that is too much for that truck. I bought a used Revo 3.3 off of E-bay last fall for 150. It ran and came with extra parts.. Just my opinion..

some people would say it was worth it and some will say it ain't... The best thing to do to weigh out the pros and cons is see how much money you will have to tie up into it to get it back in the dirt and running... and from my experience with used is if something is shot then there is always acouple small hidden the=ings that would turn you off if they told you.... so be careful and like i said check to see how much you would have in it to get it to run/ with a couple spares for some things...

Imo id go for it. As far as the broken chassis parts. Well you're gonna eventually replace them anyways due to crashes and such. Seems to me there's $100 worth of parts there. But then again, when I bought mine for $100, my main concern was does it shift and did reverse work. Planning on buying a new powerplant in the future anyways. These engines can be easy to free up (search it) and if you're willing to gamble on that. You might come out on top. Good luck and keep us posted

I have 3 I bought used and got lucky on 1 and money pit on one and one I just tore down and built up better myself so I couldnt say if the 3rd on was worth it..... if its what you want dive in.. If youalready have nitros i say go ahead.... just never ake your first one used because it could sway you out of the hobby thinking stuff is junk...

It would take to much money to make into something you would enjoy running.Take a pass on to bigger & better.:D

I buy most of my rigs used so believe me when I say for $100,there's better to be found. If it were in RTR condition it would be ok,but the .15 is the oldest and weakest version of the truck and will be a money pit making it reliable.

I think the people telling you its a good deal missed the part about it being a .15

I have paid $75 for a nice 2.5r tmaxx.

Just got a 2.5r tmaxx with another nearly complete .15 for $100

$300 TOTAL for a revo 3.3, tmaxx 2.5r, and a tmaxx 2.5r with blown engine and parts missing.

I ALMOST bought 2 complete 2.5 tmaxx last week for $175..... there were pre R engine so I passed. ( plus I dont need 7 trucks)

Keep your eyes open. There are WAY better deals out there. All the deals I bought came with PILES of parts. I am building complete trucks just from spare parts now.

knall that is true there is always a good deal either out there waiting or on its way onto the market.. you dont want something someone else beet up and doesn't want to deal with anymore.. the classic 2.5 tmaxx is wider and taller then the pro.15 tmaxx???? I beleive it is..... but yeah keap looking and there is always people selling them on this site and everyother rc site and ebay... and alot of times they just wanna dump the stuff for a new hobby and you get a good deal and a good or 2 good trucks....

i was just thinking of gettimg it for something to tinker with. i already have a 3.3 revo and a coulpe brushed stampeds. i offered 50 bucks if they take it ill get it if not no big deal i was just thinkin if i made a 2 engine out of it that it would be kinda cool cause no one would waste their time and effort making a 2 engine .15

i bought my pro .15 tmaxx used for $100. but only because of all the aftermarket parts it had on it already(rpm arms, alum chassis braces, and a bunch of other stuff), and it ran, shifted great, and reverse works still. I've since put a new motor on it and a ton of other stuff. but it keeps right up with my buddys 4.6 savage :)

Oh thank god. Some good news! I got an old pro .15 and this thread made me want to cry!

so i went with everyone and i didnt buy it. My father in law on the other hand did. got it last night and today i got it running kind of. fuel lines are gummed up and the pin for the lower a arm pin is bent. but its really promising. the guy told me the trx 15 ran but he put the fantom 15 on cause he wanted to see what it would do with a bigger engine lol. so any advise on bring this old engine back to life?

Sold my tmaxx 2.5 today with all the spare parts n pieces for 100 bucks. truck was in great shape, body was shot tho. lol

ok so now i got this. its a 4910 old school does anyone know if the tranny in the old ones are the same as the new 4910? i got it running and this thing sounds better than my revo but tryed to take off and the clutch spins the spur gear spins and the shaft on the front oppisite side of the spur gear spins but the truck doesn't move it trys and if i push it it will hold the speed (not very fast mind you) but just revs. preety sure its a gear in the tranny. wanting to see if my lhs has a gear set for the tranny but not sure if its the same as the new model of 4910

check the pins in the dive shafts and look at your diff.s aswell

drive shafts arent turning

traxxas.com bring up the parst schematic, ya can even get part #'s.

Back