12v or 2 stick battery for starter box?

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

trackbound

RCTalk Member
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
Looking at purchasing a starter box, probably the one Assocaited makes. I already have some 6 cell stick batteries from my electric cars, but which is better for the starter box, using 2 6 cells or getting a seperate 12 volt battery? What is the charge life of either 2 6 cells or a 12 volt with a starter box (I have no idea how much juice they use up per start). Also, does the mah really matter for the batteries in the starter box? Would 1500 be okay?

Last edited:
in a new starter box there should the plugs to hook up your stick packs and also for the 12v lead acid battery ,another option you have is to take a 10 or 12 ft extention cord cut both ends off ,attach male slide connectors on 1 end and h/d alligator clips on the other and the plug then into the connectors on the box ,hook it to a 12v car battery ,i always drove to where i am going to run so i always have the battery in my 1:1 car to power the box,,
but if your caring the box i would go with the 12v instead of the 2 stick packs ,
just my $.02
take care
rick

i choose the 12 volt battery. mines is 7Ah and i charged it last month.. i haven't used it yet but it seems to still be on the full charge because then i tried to slow my starter box down wiht my finger i got a friction burn.

One 12 volt battery will last longer on a charge than two stick packs.I normaly charge mine after about a month or whenever it starts to crank slower.