110MPH + out of slash 4x4

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
lol you guys know how to put a smile on peoples face's "w bill" i think your right.

alpinehyperlite - I think this is the system i'm going to buy thanks for your information.

Soo i think the motor has a rating of a 100,000 rpm is it better to get as close at possible or is that a good rpm range to make the motor last?

Last edited:
Soo i think the motor has a rating of a 100,000 rpm is it better to get as close at possible or is that a good rpm range to make the motor last?

100,000rpm will catch that motor on fire quick fast and in a hurry

Along with 2 of his cousin/brothers....

Castle Creations makes great ESC/Motor combos, Duramax.

Mamba monster will bolt right up to the stock motor plate. . .that will give you gobs of torque

i've got a question for most of you that i have wondered about forever. a lower kv motor, for example the velineon is a 3500kv that can run on 3s lipo 11.1 volts. which = almost 39,000 rpm's. all the castle motors i've seen said they would do 50,000 rpms' "i think" whatever the number is 40 50 or 60 they are all the same.....

my real question here is, what is the difference between a low kv motor on a lot of voltage spinning 50,000 rpms, and a higher kv motor on lower voltage spinning 50,000 rpms....

i do understand that the lower kv motor with a lot of voltage will most likely have a lot more torque than the higher kv with less voltage....

but when it comes to top speed anything over 50,000 rpm's is going to make the motor warm if you don't have motor coolers or something like that....

basically i'm asking the max rpm on these motors is around 50,000rpms, are any actually going to have a higher top speed vs the other at 50,000 rpm's?

I've always said, anything under 65k rpms for a bl motor for continuous use is fine. I personally run the Velenion motor matched with a Mamba ESC. I like the lower RPMS, because i can adjust it with voltage, and gearing, as well as keeping it cool enough.

That is the worst thing i have ever heard, 115mph in a slash i dont think so mate..

I just got a slash 4x4 yesterday (2/4/11) to have something to do while I wait on Savage x parts. The box says 35 + with included battery and 13t pinion. I strapped the garmin on it this morning and only got 27.7. Traxxas claims with the mamba monster motor and 19t pinion it will do 80 + with 3s lipo at 11.1 volts and 5000+ mah . This might be tempting to try ! I FEEL THE NEED FOR SPEED !!! LOL

Traxxas tends to be optimistic with their advertised top speeds. My Garmin also tends to be a optimistic (1-2 mph fast) according to a calibrated speedometer.

I think they are all a little optimistic, I had a NC Highway Patrolman clock my savy x at 31.3 out of the box and they claim 45 + !!! Have'nt strapped the Garmin to it yet, seeing how the front diff grenaded on me !

I think they are all a little optimistic, I had a NC Highway Patrolman clock my savy x at 31.3 out of the box and they claim 45 + !!! Have'nt strapped the Garmin to it yet, seeing how the front diff grenaded on me !

You have a point there with the front diff even you get enough power in that thing to reach the kind of speed hes lookin for. There would be so many parts blowing up on that thing it would become a kit!:p:

I saw a link Alien 13 put up about the new savys, and read they are putting the bullet proof diffs in the new model savy xl. HPI is mailing one to me, my bevel gear is shot, I hope they send the BP diff.

I tell you what. Send me that diff and ill test it on about 5 different caliber bullets. :)

Don't worry , a launch ramp and asphalt will probably prove it's worth ! lol
I think that's what happened to the first one anyway . To me calling something " BULLET PROOF " is stating a lifetime warranty !

Eiher those guys are full of crap or they meant kilometers per hour.
(140 km/h is about 86 mph).

Back