1/8 Buggy - Downforce - missing front of Body Shell....does it matter?

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

David1892

RC Newbie
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Racing
  3. Scale Builder
Hi everyone, I’m new to Nitro RC and picked up a 2nd hand Kyosho MP10 – body shell it came with was poor, so I bought a couple of painted shells – not sure how I missed it but they have had the front cut off (I’d call this the nose but not sure on official technical term – maybe stiffening rib? – pictures included) – I’ve read a few posts about downforce and how wings play their part at high speed, but can’t find anything about if the nose is missing. Now I would expect it to have some difference for the airflow over the buggy, but is it major? If it is, anybody else experience this (maybe from a crash) and could you make a new one – or is the recommendation to buy a new shell? Thanks in advance for your help and advice.

Attachments

• Nose Missing.jpg
    Nose Missing.jpg
    88.4 KB · Views: 82
  • mp10-body-f-rib.jpg
    mp10-body-f-rib.jpg
    112.8 KB · Views: 45
Won’t be a problem at all, I wouldn’t worry about it. If you’re racing at speeds where aero plays a factor then the rear wing is the most important part. As far as flow of air into the body, it used to be an issue with the old truggy bodies acting as a parachute, not really an issue with a buggy.

Thank you for your replies, sorry for the delayed response!

Back